Seaweed in compost tea

Virandell

can I use this liquid seaweed in my compost tea ?

Hiya Virandell Not sure why you wouldn't. The big brains say thumbs up! Here's a post from one of our smart weed people ( @MassMedMan ) I found on the topic of seaweed and tea:

"Liquid seaweed is good stuff. Not sure if it'll give you everything you'll need through flower I'd have to see the bottle. But, seaweed is good stuff -- in the summers I drag a bag or two of seaweed from the local beach to my garden. Well, I drive it from the beach but it's heavy and bulky and drug to my car. It smells a bit when it's breaking down in the dead of the summer but my neighbors love the vegetables I give them so they don't say anything. I've used it for compost teas in the garden but not my cannabis. I've used the bottle stuff years ago on cannabis but not as a stand alone.

Anyway,, good stuff that seaweed..... anything from the sea is welcome in my gardens."

Righty I been worried about phosphoric acid in it:D anyway I decided I will do kelp tea fr build a soil but appreciate help thanks :)

Apply diluted (between 1:10 to 1:20) liquid kelp/seaweed once or twice a week during veg as an evening foliar feed. The micro nutrients it contains help the plant take up the macro nutrients too. In most plants, receptors are (oddly) on the bottom of leaves. Don't know if that's true for our herb, however spraying up works for me and, more importantly, the girls.

Very highly recommended. Works great for tomato and cucumber plants too.

Interesting that your kelp tea contains Phosphoric Acid and Potassium Hydroxide.

Doubt that stuff is required.

You can make your own Kelp tea. Get some kelp meal (can be added to your soil too) and grind up or just add it as is to a mason jar say 1/4 cup. Fill the mason jar with water cover and let it sit until the kelp settles out and you have liquid on top. That liquid is your kelp tea. Take that liquid strain and add say 1/4 cup to a 1/2 gal of water and foiler and/or water in.

Back
Top Bottom