Seed already cracked in packaging

Greenlizard

So I purchased a few seeds from Canuk Seeds. I took them out of my refrigerator the other day to pop a few in preparation for my next cycle.
Upon inspection and before opening the little tube containing the seeds I noticed that one of the Bubba Kush seeds is already split open with the tap root exposed. My question is will this seed still be good? Hard question to ask probably.
Has anyone ever used a seed like this and did it grow? I like keeping my plants as close in age as possible so I didn't chance it and used a different seed for now but I certainly wont' toss it out until I give it a shot. Anyways I was just curious if anyone has found seeds like this and if so did they sprout?
Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• 20181216_115046.jpg
    20181216_115046.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 46
  • 20181216_120334.jpg
    20181216_120334.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181216_120358.jpg
    20181216_120358.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 71
Not first hand experience, but based on my 'you cant kill a cannabis plant' experiences I think you are fine.

If the root popped out then dried up its probably toast. But being in the test tube incubator, its probably good to go.

If you plant it Id like so hear about what happens. Ive never seen this asked before so its an interesting new thing.

Also contact them to find out how moisture got involved. Maybe it was you maybe it is something they need to know about.

About the seed itself. If the tail was white it could not have been out for very long. They dry in just a day or so. That would put it on how you stored it. Still if it is still white it should grow. If it is brown it is dead. Like Oldbear says it is hard to kill a good seed.

The day they were picked up from the post office I put them in my refrigerator. The packaging was all air tight. So no. It was nothing to do with me or my storage methods but I agree with you that the white tap root still looks good.

Weird is all I can say. Can't wait to see if it grows. Might be a great marketing ploy someday. Pre-germinated seeds LOL. Good luck with it.

I would still let them know. If its not you then it is them.

Back
Top Bottom