Seed Farming

Indicana Jones!

Hello,

I like seed. No mothers, no clones. However I have never raised seed and I would like to. Since I can't buy 10 seeds from a seed bank and pick a mother, I was thinking of buying 10 seeds and raising a seed crop. I just don't entirely know how. IE: Plant and grow all 10 and let the males do their thing, harvest entire crop for seed? Or start with 10 and cull until you have the best male and female (or 2) and then let nature do it's thing? Ect..

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Indiciana

I would grow all 10 if possible and select the better males and let them run their course with the better looking females. I think plants from seed out perform clones by a long shot.

Hello,

I like seed. No mothers, no clones. However I have never raised seed and I would like to. Since I can't buy 10 seeds from a seed bank and pick a mother, I was thinking of buying 10 seeds and raising a seed crop. I just don't entirely know how. IE: Plant and grow all 10 and let the males do their thing, harvest entire crop for seed? Or start with 10 and cull until you have the best male and female (or 2) and then let nature do it's thing? Ect..

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Indiciana

I like to grow from seed also.

I would plant all ten so that you have the best chance of having both males and females, then cross the biggest, most vigourous male with your best female(s).

If you want some good bud to smoke, only pollinate the lower bud sites so that the top colas stay seedless.

It's not that hard. My first lowryder grow was for seeds and I got about 300-400 from my two biggest females.

regards,

setting sun

Landrace or selective breeding, one or the other :cheesygrinsmiley:

Try these posts:
Go here,
How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine

then to this post,
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Then you have to just read down till
you see :
Seeds
Why are F2 Seeds Less Expensive?
Should I Start with Bought Seed?
Which Seeds Should I Buy?
Marijuana seeds - Where can I Buy Marijuana Seeds Safely?
Why are Seeds Different Colours?

How Should I Store My Seeds?

What ever works best for your setup bubba :cheesygrinsmiley:

Why not clone your females, instead of infesting them with seeds? That way you have smoke and a continuous grow. ;-)

1) I don't have a clone/mother area.

2) I don't want to grow continuous. Stealth is a goal for me so I raise a crop and shut the operation down 100% until I'm ready to grow my next supply.

To everyone else, THANKS!

Indicana

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom