Seed question.

Vexer

So right now Im germinating a few seeds and I was told that the root will come out and wrap around the seed and go down for extra support. Is this true?

And how safe is it to order seeds if you live in the states?

So right now Im germinating a few seeds and I was told that the root will come out and wrap around the seed and go down for extra support. Is this true?

That is a new one, can't say I have heard that reasoning before.

And how safe is it to order seeds if you live in the states

420 Magazine - Sponsors

Germinate the seed until the taproot shows and then plant it, taproot facing down, just below the surface of the soil.

If you plant the seed with the taproot facing up, there is a chance that the seed will expel all of it's start-up energy trying to reverse the direction of the taproot. This stresses the seedling at a very young age and may cause it to die underneath the soil. Not to mention if it does manage to sucessfully reverse direction of the taproot it will take much longer to sprout then if planted properly. :peace:

Hey RooRman would it be alright if I kept germinating it for like a day after the tap root has come out?

So if I order seeds will the feds come knocking on my door?

Hey RooRman would it be alright if I kept germinating it for like a day after the tap root has come out?

So if I order seeds will the feds come knocking on my door?

I've left my seeds germinating in paper towells well after the tap root emerged. I've left them go until the tap root was atleast 2 inches long and the first set of leaves actually emerged. However, this only works on the stronger ones. Sometimes the weaker seeds will emerge it's taproot then the root will actually become mush if it's left in a very wet towell too long.

Back
Top Bottom