Seed question

MiOutdoorsman

I'm a newbie grower. I bought a couple packs of seeds. Put few of each in their own shot glasses of water to start germination process. One pack they all sink like rocks as soon as they hit the water. Someone told me if they sink immediately they are not going to germinate. Is this true? Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome to the fourm.

I would definitely agree with greenracer. If your seeds is still floating after 6 hrs give it a tap and it should sink as well. I like to see my seeds at the bottom rather than floating.

Very fresh seeds tend to sink faster as they haven't lost much moisture yet. Generally a month or so of drying is needed to prepare seeds for germination but as I haven't really tried with any of the fresh seeds I produce I can't say for sure whether they will germ better or worse than ones that have had time to dry.

You should know soon enough. ;)

:peace:

Ok so most of my seeds sprouted roots and I planted them in seed starter soil and placed in a dome under a 300w Mars led. Should I leave the light on 24/7 until they sprout up thru the soil?

I almost forgot, thanks for all the advice. I have no experience growing anything. Lol

You will get there mate. Keep it simple and you nearly cant go wrong. It when ppl play around and try to hard when things go wrong. Good luck my new friend

Should I leave the light on 24/7 until they sprout up thru the soil?

I don't know that it really matters, but it shouldn't hurt anything. Some people even go 24/0 all through veg, although most plants grow better when they're given at least a few hours of dark. 18/6 seems to be the most widely recommended.

This morning I have 3 popping out of the soil. Hopefully the others will follow. I'm not sure if I'll do a journal. I'm too green myself. Maybe on my next grow when I'm more knowledgeable. I appreciate all the advice

Back
Top Bottom