Beginner germinating

Dre2301

Im very new to growing cannabis... right now im experimenting by attempting to germinate about 5 seeds using the paper towel method. At the moment the seeds have been soaking in a dark, warm, and safe enviormemt for about 48 hours. Today when I was observing my little seeds I noticed that a few are opening on up and I cant see white roots barely poking out. I wish you guys could see a picture! But im just wondering are they ready to plant Into soil, or am I too anxious and should wait for the roots to actually come out?

Thanks sooo much in advance everyone!!

Im very new to growing cannabis... right now im experimenting by attempting to germinate about 5 seeds using the paper towel method. At the moment the seeds have been soaking in a dark, warm, and safe enviormemt for about 48 hours. Today when I was observing my little seeds I noticed that a few are opening on up and I cant see white roots barely poking out. I wish you guys could see a picture! But im just wondering are they ready to plant Into soil, or am I too anxious and should wait for the roots to actually come out?

Thanks sooo much in advance everyone!!

I've read up on a couple breeders suggestions about this. Most of them said wait until the root is 1/8-1/4" long to plant it. One of them said wait until the root is 3/8" long

I've read up on a couple breeders suggestions about this. Most of them said wait until the root is 1/8-1/4" long to plant it. One of them said wait until the root is 3/8" long

Thank you so much for your help .... hopefully it will be a 1/8 of a inch soon.

Do you say this because the roots are very delicate?

I'm not sure if that's what weaslecracker was saying, but I wouldn't actually "measure" your roots with a tape or ruler. Just get an idea of how long they should be by eyeballing it. I think a seed is generally about 1/8" long so if you wait until the root is just as long as the seed, that'll give you a good idea about when to plant. also an 1/8" is about this long: ... (times new roman size 12)

Sorry, I was just being silly, a bad habit. You don't need a measuring tape. The roots are very delicate yes so best not to touch them. Sometimes if I let them grow long they grow through into the paper towel. In that case I cut the area out containing the seed and root and plant the whole thing rather than try to get the root out. I usually use cloth now, rather than paper towel, for that reason. Good luck!

Careful with that measuring tape

You got a laugh out of me!

As for the question, I've heard of some growers forgetting about the seeds, and several days later having roots 1" long, or longer. Other growers plant directly in their medium of choice. To be safe, I'd say the 1/8" length is a good one to use.

I would like to thank all 3 of yall for giving me the much needed help and answers I needed on my first post. Tomorrow or the next day yall should see me again asking for help when I plant the seeds.

As a longtime gardener, I just put 6 seeds I was given the other day, in 4" pots of moistened potting mix/extra perlite as I would most any other seed. Twice as deep as the thickness of the seed. Sat outside and spritzed the top with water twice a day to keep it moist. Potted on 7/11, 5 sprouting this afternoon. Maybe #6 will show tomorrow for 100%.

Back
Top Bottom