Seed Stashers Anonymous

Lmao!.. Maybe I should stay out of the new members section for awhile it seems that's where most of the nasty drama threads start. Hmm guess I'm just in a saving helping mood today, Instead of a burn it all to the ground mood! :)

Lmao!.. Maybe I should stay out of the new members section for awhile it seems that's where most of the nasty drama threads start. Hmm guess I'm just in a saving helping mood today, Instead of a burn it all to the ground mood! :)
Do you have a journal going. It's cool to have your own place. I am just getting ready to start a new one. Soon as my sprouts start showing up :D

It's just human nature. Not everyone gels well with everyone. As smokey said I haven't noticed anything in awhile. I can say that I have been on a few of the different sites and in my humble opinion this one is by far the best. I think it's mainly because of the older age group of the members. That and mods try to keep things in order too
I agree thats why I chose this site to join after watching a lot of marijuana forums for the past few years, That's why I was a little surprised to see the negative attitude of some posters in these threads. I know some other sites are just down right filled with Pablo Escobar and Tony Montana wannabe's that would rather grand stand and brag, Instead of learning something useful from the people who have come to these sites to help.

Thanks brother. I have couple dozen seeds in Solo's. Just waiting for them to show up and get established. I'm excited for the pheno hunt of my 24k gold X Chernobyl seeds. The few test plants I grew were great. I'm hoping to get the lemon cleaner pheno again :D

Tag me when you start. I love a good pheno hunt. Kind of hard for me to do and still behave myself with my 4 plant limit.

How's it going eradicating the russet mites?

Thanks brother. I have couple dozen seeds in Solo's. Just waiting for them to show up and get established. I'm excited for the pheno hunt of my 24k gold X Chernobyl seeds. The few test plants I grew were great. I'm hoping to get the lemon cleaner pheno again :D
Love the pheno hunting was hunting the cheese pheno for awhile!

I agree thats why I chose this site to join after watching a lot of marijuana forums for the past few years, That's why I was a little surprised to see the negative attitude of some posters in these threads. I know some other sites are just down right filled with Pablo Escobar and Tony Montana wannabe's that would rather grand stand and brag, Instead of learning something useful from the people who have come to these sites to help.
As the old saying goes the empty can rattles the loudest:laugh: myself I tend to learn better with my eye and ears open and my mouth shut.

Tag me when you start. I love a good pheno hunt. Kind of hard for me to do and still behave myself with my 4 plant limit.

How's it going eradicating the russet mites?
I will tag you for sure :) I emptied out the room and bleached down everything. Removed and cleaned the tents. Tossed most of the pots and small stuff like fan hoses, will be replaced with new. It's been a few weeks. From what I have read the cycle should be broken, plus nothing for them to live on.

When I start back up I'll be in a brand new tent with new stuff, except lights and fan ( will be reused ). Hopefully it will be good enough to not have them return. They are a nightmare :laughtwo:

Do you have a journal going. It's cool to have your own place. I am just getting ready to start a new one. Soon as my sprouts start showing up :D
No I don't thats one thing I have yet to do, I just never had the time to do a good grow journal on here, been to busy trying to help people out on here and building grow systems and rooms for local friends. I think when the snow starts to fly I'll settle down and start one over the winter with my indoor grow. Funny thing is I have 4 grows in paper journals with photo's just sitting on my book shelf. Should I post one of those completed journals?

Ok Dankman I'm on the wagon going to join old smokey and follow your journal! :)

I will tag you for sure :) I emptied out the room and bleached down everything. Removed and cleaned the tents. Tossed most of the pots and small stuff like fan hoses, will be replaced with new. It's been a few weeks. From what I have read the cycle should be broken, plus nothing for them to live on.

When I start back up I'll be in a brand new tent with new stuff, except lights and fan ( will be reused ). Hopefully it will be good enough to not have them return. They are a nightmare :laughtwo:
I hope you're rid of those little buggers. That's my worst nightmare getting russet mites also because you can't see them.

If you could tag me in too I would appreciate it. And don't worry, I still remember promising to tag you when I start the Jack the Ripper grow next season. I had a choice, indoor grow or new kitten. Her name is Maeve.

Damn ya'll been busy this morning!

@Dankman_420 tag me as well when you get that journal going or at least post the link to it in here for us to find. One way or another I'll make it over there once it's up and running.

@Herby Paisley I have been seeing it a lot lately. I'll be honest, I joined here because of Rona and felt that I had spent more than enough time learning from the shadows for months beforehand as a guest that it was time for me to contribute. I did have prior growing experience but only outdoors and really just enough to get a plant to harvest. So I really have no experience when it comes to telling people what could be wrong but I've read A LOT of threads here and elsewhere before I even planted a seed and started posting. That being said, I try to limit my advice to what I've both seen/read and what I personally have encountered. I still end up deleting/not posting half the posts I start out. The half I do post, I would say about 75% I edit multiple times before posting so I don't come off sounding like an ass or give out incorrect recycled garbage advice that we all have heard thrown around by people who have no idea what they are talking about. Even then, it still happens to me from time to time where I was wrong or sounded like a jerk (they most likely had it coming of we're being honest:rofl:).

As it was pointed out, it seems like mostly new "coronavirus" members doing it but there are a few members who've been around for a while with the "if you're not doing it my way it's wrong" attitude or are just completely clueless. The ignore button is a good option as well as unwatching threads.

I find it slightly hilarious that a month or two ago there were so many "help me, my plant is dying" threads popping up daily from all the new inexperienced rona growers. Now it seems that these same growers have made it through their first grow problem/trial and have become experts on the subject of growing. Have you now noticed all of the faq threads have become more "when should I harvest" type threads? Same people still clueless about growing and unwilling to put in the time to research and learn.

Worst of all 99% of their faq threads have been answered, multiple times, sometimes in the thread just before their own. It's like they are so self centered that their problem is specifically unique to them and nobody else or they are just too damn lazy to click on the search button and spend 5 minutes actually learning to grow.

If any of these people we are speaking of and are reading this follow these couple rules I try to follow.
  1. If you don't have something nice or positive to say, don't say it.
  2. If you have no idea what you are talking about, shut up and learn from someone who does.
  3. Re-read every post before posting it to make sure you don't sound like an ass and your information is correct.
  4. If you see a fellow grower doing something wrong or have a suggestion to help them out but they are not actively asking for help, tell them your concerns/advice through a PM. There's no need to embarrass or shame anyone in their own thread, you'll just sound like a jerk doing it.
  5. If you wouldn't say it to a person's face, you probably shouldn't say it online either.
  6. Lastly, when in doubt just be quiet, women like the silent type (I think men probably like it more though:rofl:).
Now that I got that massive dump out of the way, has anyone slipped up lately and bought seeds they probably shouldn't have? I found myself adding seeds to shopping carts on several sites lately but somehow managed not to pull the trigger, yet.

Damn ya'll been busy this morning!

@Dankman_420 tag me as well when you get that journal going or at least post the link to it in here for us to find. One way or another I'll make it over there once it's up and running.

@Herby Paisley I have been seeing it a lot lately. I'll be honest, I joined here because of Rona and felt that I had spent more than enough time learning from the shadows for months beforehand as a guest that it was time for me to contribute. I did have prior growing experience but only outdoors and really just enough to get a plant to harvest. So I really have no experience when it comes to telling people what could be wrong but I've read A LOT of threads here and elsewhere before I even planted a seed and started posting. That being said, I try to limit my advice to what I've both seen/read and what I personally have encountered. I still end up deleting/not posting half the posts I start out. The half I do post, I would say about 75% I edit multiple times before posting so I don't come off sounding like an ass or give out incorrect recycled garbage advice that we all have heard thrown around by people who have no idea what they are talking about. Even then, it still happens to me from time to time where I was wrong or sounded like a jerk (they most likely had it coming of we're being honest:rofl:).

As it was pointed out, it seems like mostly new "coronavirus" members doing it but there are a few members who've been around for a while with the "if you're not doing it my way it's wrong" attitude or are just completely clueless. The ignore button is a good option as well as unwatching threads.

I find it slightly hilarious that a month or two ago there were so many "help me, my plant is dying" threads popping up daily from all the new inexperienced rona growers. Now it seems that these same growers have made it through their first grow problem/trial and have become experts on the subject of growing. Have you now noticed all of the faq threads have become more "when should I harvest" type threads? Same people still clueless about growing and unwilling to put in the time to research and learn.

Worst of all 99% of their faq threads have been answered, multiple times, sometimes in the thread just before their own. It's like they are so self centered that their problem is specifically unique to them and nobody else or they are just too damn lazy to click on the search button and spend 5 minutes actually learning to grow.

If any of these people we are speaking of and are reading this follow these couple rules I try to follow.
  1. If you don't have something nice or positive to say, don't say it.
  2. If you have no idea what you are talking about, shut up and learn from someone who does.
  3. Re-read every post before posting it to make sure you don't sound like an ass and your information is correct.
  4. If you see a fellow grower doing something wrong or have a suggestion to help them out but they are not actively asking for help, tell them your concerns/advice through a PM. There's no need to embarrass or shame anyone in their own thread, you'll just sound like a jerk doing it.
  5. If you wouldn't say it to a person's face, you probably shouldn't say it online either.
  6. Lastly, when in doubt just be quiet, women like the silent type (I think men probably like it more though:rofl:).
Now that I got that massive dump out of the way, has anyone slipped up lately and bought seeds they probably shouldn't have? I found myself adding seeds to shopping carts on several sites lately but somehow managed not to pull the trigger, yet.
You nailed it right on the head! Thanks Phantom!! :)

Back
Top Bottom