Seedling help

noobfarmer

Hey guys so my Dr kripplings.
Are about 4 days old there a nice shade of green but they look like the end of the leave is curling up my light was real close to the propagtor so I've highered it to about 3 inch before it was practically touch the propagtor.
Am I doing the right thing the propgation seems nice and humid so I was think maybe neut burn as I've fed the guys once with root start and take root as that's what I was advise to do.
I'm as total newbie and I'm just wondering is it natural for the leaf to curl up a tad or is it one of these the cfl light I'm using is 65 watt claims it produce around 2700 lumes .
Also at what stage should I turn my 400 watt light on and move to that.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420

You should NOT use nutes on a seedling! Would you feed a newborn baby a chunk of steak? New plants don't need nutes for about a month.

I would flush the seedling, then leave it alone until it really need watering. Check by lifting the container. When it is lighter than after you watered, then water well again. Dry, water well, dry, water well throughout its life and you won't overwater.

Root start is fine, as is the humidity level.

Once a plant has sprouted, it needs light. I raise seedlings under a couple of 43W (100 output) daylight CFLs, for 4 seedlings, the light a couple inches from the top leaf. Put your hand over the seedling. If the light is too hot for you, it needs to be raised. If it is too high, it will feel as cool as the ambient air. If the lights are too high, your seedling WILL stretch, and will need to be buried deeper when you up-pot.

Keep a small fan blowing on them right from the start to harden up their stems. It works wonders making them stronger.

The cotyledon and first pair of leaves WILL curl and turn brown as the new plant uses up the nutrients. So don't freak out when this happens. It's NOT nutrient deficient. Oh, and once a leaf is damaged or burnt, it won't recover. Watch the new leaves to see if they improve.

Oh, and keep it in perspective. Cannibus is a weed. It thrives on a little neglect. :love:

Just a few things to keep in mind at the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom