Seedling light stress/burn

416Medical

420 Member
I have a pineapple chunk going. It’s just over two weeks old. First grow. It’s under 150w HPS. I think it got burnt because the lamp height was too low. Some leaves did not grow uniformly either. I’ve moved the lamp up and now the leaves are reaching up but I there is a yellow spot on a leaf. Will the plant be ok or should I start over? I’m trying to learn by trial and error so I expected to make a mistake here and there.

Attachments

• 93934D9E-AD7B-47DF-B8FE-E1E1161FAEC9.jpeg
    93934D9E-AD7B-47DF-B8FE-E1E1161FAEC9.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 333
should recover ok. might have to cut the dead / dying material off so it doesn't use energy trying to fix itself. so long as it's pushing new growth it should be fine. i did worse to seedlings that size and had them come back. these plants are pretty tough.

will recover, indeed,, but might take forever,, looks in serious hurt,, perhaps other issues besides light,, actually, i see no signs of light stress,,,

i would, at the very least, if i had seeds available,, i would start another,, grown correctly, a new one would overtake that poor thing within a month, or perhaps far less

when sickly,, the old growth,, the sad looking stuff, never returns to normal,, it will always look that way,,,but new growth,, that is what you watch,, if the new growth is fine,, then you are on the right road

karma sent friend,, cheers

Thanks for the replies. It’s being grown in fox farms ocean forest which may be a little nutrient rich for a seedling. Possibly I need to move it to the 5 gallon fabric pot I have.

for sure might be a bit hot,, plain soil, zero nutes,, seems to be the recommendation these days,, if you have other soil,, it could be cleaned up right to the roots nearly and soil replaced,, or,, transplant,, but to similar soil, perhaps not the best idea,,

i would say too hot of soil, and not enough drainage.

i personally would prefer something like promix or sunshine with added perlite, a little dolomite lime for ph buffering and use hydroponic nutrients. but there are probably 100 different ways people will swear by.

The roots were healthy. All the way down to the bottom of the cup. I’ve transplanted to the fabric pot and added a lot of perlite. I think the HPS light was too intense for it at the previous height I had it. I am hoping it will start to get healthy now but next time I will be starting with plain potting soil and putting the lamp up higher. Seems like the only way to grow successfully is through practice and making mistakes.

Attachments

• 07DC3EC7-A0E8-453A-9B7B-2CFACE49D3E9.jpeg
    07DC3EC7-A0E8-453A-9B7B-2CFACE49D3E9.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 115
i know iv made my fair share of mistakes :) always room for improvement. learn from the mistakes and eventually once you have a a system dialed in it becomes routine and simple :)

Back
Top Bottom