Seedling Trouble?

Warren1990

Hey guys, has been 9 days since germination and im starting to get discouraged. The seedling seems to be growing at a very slow rate so it seems. I have everything good to go minus the humidity. Having a hard time keeping it at above 35-40%. Currently on 20/4 light cycle, which goes up to about 50%. Lights are at 22inchs. Water im using is tap, I let it sit for 24hrs by the window prior to feeding with the pH inbetween 6.2-7 max.

Attachments

• 20190324_165640.jpg
    20190324_165640.jpg
    950.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190324_165631.jpg
    20190324_165631.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 20190324_165706.jpg
    20190324_165706.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 56
Most of the growing is happening below ground, as it's developing its root system. You can cut a clear plastic bottle to form a humidity dome. Cut a hole in the top, and put a few around the bottom, and you'll be good to go.

What size containers are you using?

All plants are different and grow at their own pace for the conditions they are given.

Folks normally will start in smaller containers, unless they are growing auto-flowering plants. I wouldn't change now, but it's something to consider for your next grow.

Why not start a journal under Grow/Grow Journals on the menu above. That way we can follow your grow, and see the history if something goes awry.

Heres an update, seems to be growing a bit faster now but still a tad slow then I think it should be. Ive eased off spraying the top part of the soil from twice dail to just daily. Cant really see fr9m the pictures bit theres a tiny node starting to pop up between the baby fan leaves. This is day 9 since it popped out of the soil .

Attachments

• 20190327_104842.jpg
    20190327_104842.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20190327_104757.jpg
    20190327_104757.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Its now day 19, and figured I give an update.

So it was definitely the fact that underwatering was an issue and shes now exploding at a rapid pace. I really regret that I didnt figure this out sooner but being my first grow Id much rather make the mistake of underwatering as opposed to over watering. Right now it seems that 500mls every other day is doing the trick. However I anticipate that with her growing probably going to have to start increasing the amount of water.

So question:

Were I stunted the plant due to under watering should I exspect a smaller plant/yield due to the time it was "searching" for water?

Attachments

• 20190403_093319.jpg
    20190403_093319.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • 20190403_093237.jpg
    20190403_093237.jpg
    841.9 KB · Views: 37
Just depends if she catches up or not mate. Nothing wrong with transplanting autos by the way. Just gotta be more careful not to damage the roots and do the transplant before they get root bound.
Can use 2 solo cups. Cut big slices up the sides of the one the soil goes in then stick it inside another one to keep the light off the roots. On transplant day you just stick the full cup in the ground cos you were smart and cut lots of holes in the sides for the roots to grow out of. ;)

Just depends if she catches up or not mate. Nothing wrong with transplanting autos by the way. Just gotta be more careful not to damage the roots and do the transplant before they get root bound.
Can use 2 solo cups. Cut big slices up the sides of the one the soil goes in then stick it inside another one to keep the light off the roots. On transplant day you just stick the full cup in the ground cos you were smart and cut lots of holes in the sides for the roots to grow out of. ;)
that's a neat idea I never thought about that.

Yeah, for my next grow im going to do plants. I wanna try different methods and see what works best for myself.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all tech support. So glad I found this fourm you guys are the best. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and assisting me popping my cherry

Back
Top Bottom