Seedlings curling up and dying

I would say the best way to germinate is to place into a dark container and wait until the seed has cracked open. This usually happens within 24 hrs.

If the seed does not crack open, you have 2 options. 1. Place into paper towel for 24 hrs and if still no crack to where you can see the small tap root starting to emerge, back into water for 24hrs or until its cracked open. Repeat for as long as you like but usually if it doesn't crack open within 3 to 4 days it's likely a bad seed.

Option 2: toss it, it's no good. Good seeds crack open within 24 to 48hrs. From my experience anyways. Should go with option 1 first and try for up to a week before deciding to discard or plant in dirt and hope.

make sure the water you use is ph 6.5 or in that area, like 6.2 to 6.8 will work. Some use distilled water, I've only ever used tap water.

paper Towel: As usual, keep the paper towel moist at all times. Leave it wet before bed so by morning it's damp. When the tap root is 1/4th inch long, it's ready for soil.

Why toss it? Should have a pot to put the ones you think have no life in them.. you'll be surprised, especially if only allowing 48_72 hours :rofl: ive had seeds crack open (yes old) 30plus days later (in paper towel)

Why toss it? Should have a pot to put the ones you think have no life in them.. you'll be surprised, especially if only allowing 48_72 hours :rofl: ive had seeds crack open (yes old) 30plus days later (in paper towel)
Omg 30 days later lmao. I've tried for a week at most before with zero luck. Personally I want my plants to all start near the same time so they are the same age or close to it.

When I said the 48hr thing, I just mean good seeds usually pop that soon, other seeds you can keep trying for up to a week. Up to the person how they want to do it. Ive tried the week thing with no success. I tried throwing a couple in dirt anyways and another week later it had zero growth so I no longer bother.

I've switched to clones now cause it's so much easier than seeds. I only do seeds to pick the b3st one as a mother plant.

Back
Top Bottom