Seedling not growing, curling and not looking good SOS

Gaiaurth

420 Member
Hello

I have started a germinating a couple random seeds I got lying around from over the years and 2 sprouted so now I have 2 beautiful seedlings.

I an currently using 30w CFL 6500k for seedlings and will transplant them in a few weeks and put them under LEDS (currently fixing the main grow room while now the seeds are in my closet)

I have grown an auto before in a totally different climate (cold weather) and now I am on the other side of the world where it’s actually +40c for high temps and 26c for lower temps. So ill grow it indoors and i will share my grow room once I have it ready.

My seedlings are now around a week old but they look like the day they sprouted they are not growing whatsoever and the leafs are curling.
I am using random soil unfortunately because I didn’t assume the seeds will actually sprout i thought the seeds are duds honestly but they worked so i used some soil from my garden.

Please check the photos

I posted pictures of 2 days ago and today the most recent ones are where the seedling are all curled up and closed

Honestly they look horrible to me!! So please help me. My nutes are on the way I ordered some but itll take around a week to come so currently i am out of nutes but i have bionizz soil i think that will be better to use (after i put my seedlings in this soil my friend told me they have biobizz) but i am afraid if i make a transplant now the seedlings will die!

Can you tell what the problem is by the pictures? Is it overwatering unwatering no nutes too much light less light i dont know.

SOS

F0340A2E-CDC3-4ECF-BFE6-94F631183D93.jpeg

99356207-ED6E-419B-93C0-0936E4634CCD.jpeg

0AD66CED-C143-4002-B1FC-3F88D1FDCF30.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello

I have started a germinating a couple random seeds I got lying around from over the years and 2 sprouted so now I have 2 beautiful seedlings.

I an currently using 30w CFL 6500k for seedlings and will transplant them in a few weeks and put them under LEDS (currently fixing the main grow room while now the seeds are in my closet)

I have grown an auto before in a totally different climate (cold weather) and now I am on the other side of the world where it’s actually +40c for high temps and 26c for lower temps. So ill grow it indoors and i will share my grow room once I have it ready.

My seedlings are now around a week old but they look like the day they sprouted they are not growing whatsoever and the leafs are curling.
I am using random soil unfortunately because I didn’t assume the seeds will actually sprout i thought the seeds are duds honestly but they worked so i used some soil from my garden.

Please check the photos

I posted pictures of 2 days ago and today the most recent ones are where the seedling are all curled up and closed

Honestly they look horrible to me!! So please help me. My nutes are on the way I ordered some but itll take around a week to come so currently i am out of nutes but i have bionizz soil i think that will be better to use (after i put my seedlings in this soil my friend told me they have biobizz) but i am afraid if i make a transplant now the seedlings will die!

Can you tell what the problem is by the pictures? Is it overwatering unwatering no nutes too much light less light i dont know.

SOS

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Good morning @Gaiaurth sorry about your babies.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
It looks overwatered unfortunately and almost dead.
Read that thread, it'll help going forward.
Do you have any superthrive or B1, might help her but I don't know if she can recover.
Let her dry before doing anything else though.
Here is a thread if you want to meet everyone and say hi

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

If you really want to try and rescue them then personally I'd get them into the biobizz soil asap. You know what you're working with then.

Read this article on watering. That'll help you out.

Also with temperatures in that range I'd definitely recommend a silicon supplement. Helps the plant become more resistant to things like higher temperatures.

Not looking too happy are they. Are these auto seeds? If so, I'd say you'll need to just start again. If they pulled through they would most likely be severely stunted.
I have had these seeds in sealed in a baggy for a couple of years and just thought I'd try them out I didn't think they'd actually work I put like 9 and 2 sprouted so I'm not sure what they are or if they are even female

Good morning @Gaiaurth sorry about your babies.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
It looks overwatered unfortunately and almost dead.
Read that thread, it'll help going forward.
Do you have any superthrive or B1, might help her but I don't know if she can recover.
Let her dry before doing anything else though.
Here is a thread if you want to meet everyone and say hi

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Hi Bill!

Thanks for your reply appreciate it , seems like a chill community

im so sad :( ill see if i can try superthrive or B1

i hope they recover D:

If you really want to try and rescue them then personally I'd get them into the biobizz soil asap. You know what you're working with then.

Read this article on watering. That'll help you out.

Also with temperatures in that range I'd definitely recommend a silicon supplement. Helps the plant become more resistant to things like higher temperatures.
Hey VetSmoke85:

Thanks a lot for replying ! should I wait for them to dry then transplant them to biobizz?

Hey VetSmoke85:

Thanks a lot for replying ! should I wait for them to dry then transplant them to biobizz?
Judging by the last couple of photos it is time to start over.

I am using random soil unfortunately
I am not sure what the "random soil" is but we should be able to grab several handfuls of any random soil that is already able to grow 'random plants' and keep them healthy. And, that soil should work.

Something went wrong with your seedlings and it could have been anything. Dump the small pots and fill them with soil you already know will grow flowers, vegetables or even garden weeds. If the next set of seeds sprouts and the seedlings live then the small plants can be transplanted to a good potting soil when the grow room is further along if you want to continue with those plants. In the mean-time you will be able to start getting your bearings as far as growing indoors goes with successful germination and seedling survival.

Thank you for your reply. My random soil i meant the soil we use in our garden. Not special just the bag we get from our normal garden store no perlite or nutesbi think regular nutes for regular plants maybe nothing extreme.. but I transplanted one of them in biobizz soil and the other i left it and I think it’s kinda getting better??? Im not sure will share pictures now

Hello

Please check the photos

SOS

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
UPDATE:

I transplanted the closed up curled seedling (check imgs above) to biobizz soil which is btw 4 years old and apparently there was a tear in the bag of the soil so the soil is quite dry and exposed fingers crossed altho i kinda lost hope but lets see what happens.. started germination for other seeds while these either completely die or surprise me???

But thanks for everyone’s replies! I can’t wait to share my full journey with an actual surviving seed I'm learning!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom