Seedlings turning yellow and low temp problems

What they mean by 'Seed & Cutting Potting Mix' is that it is designed for potting-on established seedlings and cuttings
It is a starter mix for before the plants go into a more traditional potting soil. At least according to Bunnings which is the big distributor in Australia. From the Bunnings and some other Aussie web sites:
"A premium quality propagating mix for germinating vegetable, herb and flower seeds as well as for rooting stem, leaf and root cuttings. It includes Scotts Osmocote® which distributes nutrients and feeds for 6 months. "

It is a starter mix for before the plants go into a more traditional potting soil. At least according to Bunnings which is the big distributor in Australia. From the Bunnings and some other Aussie web sites:
"A premium quality propagating mix for germinating vegetable, herb and flower seeds as well as for rooting stem, leaf and root cuttings. It includes Scotts Osmocote® which distributes nutrients and feeds for 6 months. "
Well, they would say that wouldn't they - doesn't seem to be working though
Do they give any indication of pH zone?
Thanks for helping me to understand

Well, they would say that wouldn't they - doesn't seem to be working though
Do they give any indication of pH zone?
Thanks for helping me to understand
I would think that the pH would be the usual one for coco coir, somewhere in the 5.7 to 6.8 range.

It is not working for the plants in the second set of photos since they are past the seedling stage and the manufacturer's intention would be that the grower transplanted them to a traditional natural potting soil or a soil-less potting mix.

I figure the larger plants should be on the daily water and fertilizer schedule for flowering plants in coco and the smaller plants on the schedule for plants of that size/age in the vegetating stage. Since they appear to be autoflowers it is not worth the risk to transplant now into a new soil or soil-less mix.

The Osmocote added by the company is intended to keep the plants going for the first couple weeks and after that the new batch of soil and fertilizing takes over.

Hey, Thanks everyone for your advice. Here is a bit more info as requested.
The larger 2 are autoflowers from the original post above in the course soil. The 2 seedlings are photoperiod so can be transplanted.
I mixed in a bit of the soil I used above a few inches below the seedling soil as someone suggested to do earlier in the thread.
Here is some photos in natural light.

2D3BE7C8-CDD4-4827-9FDB-6D8C72DC293A.jpeg

6B8AA9BC-DF48-4017-8CE8-31636CFB3B9E.jpeg

5D78580E-A60A-4FB6-A7CF-CC968E52959B.jpeg

47F9D488-EB76-4B0F-B68F-02438D251B19.jpeg

7894A59D-A43B-4B65-94D9-00FFE8706B26.jpeg

AD52D338-8915-4865-91BF-20F7ECBC972F.jpeg

8174C2C0-209B-4D58-9AA8-6E0A834C5373.jpeg

Them girls are huuuuuuungry. Whatever bottles of nutrient juice you got, give it to her. Especially anything high in Nitrogen and Iron. A heavy splash of cal/mag and silica never hurt either.

The larger 2 are autoflowers from the original post above in the course soil. The 2 seedlings are photoperiod so can be transplanted.
A lot of difference between the two sets of photos and the new set in a more natural light will be a big help.

There are hydroponic growers in Australia and if you can get a few of them to stop by this thread they should be able to come up with available hydro fertilizers that will get the plants back on track.

I know you do not want to get too involved in growing as a hobby but with the right type of hydro style fertilizer you should be able to get by with a basic program and have to do nothing but measure the fertilizer, mix it into the water, and then pour. You might need to measure the pH of the water but that is an easy chore, about as hard as knowing which size wrench to grab just my glancing at the bolt.

You can save those small plants and then get the two seedlings growing into decent plants using the same fertilizer and not have to transplant. I do not know what brands to use since I grow in natural soils but the hydro styles of growing are fascinating.

If you want to get some growers from Australia and near by countries to take a look at what you have going here is the link to the main Aussi forum and the sub-forums:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/australia.278/

To easy. The seedlings or the big plants? Or both lol.Thanks
All of em. You seem to have a yellow trend going on, best to knock that right out. Fox Farms Big Bloom is a great all-purpose fertilizer to help with veg, your tomatoes will like it too. Mix 12ml in a gallon of water and give it to everyone, even the babies. They'll be rocking in no time. (Don't over-water them though, that causes deficiencies too) . Feed em with every watering, if you see tip burn then pull back by 25% until new growth comes in green again.

Back
Top Bottom