Seedlings with fast-growing roots, and different appearances with leaves.

GreenPastures

Hey guys, just a follow-up of my last thread. Coco grow.

Things are moving forward, and the grow has picked up massively. It's been a learning process, and information is never in short supply.

These are my Chemdog/Chemdawg seedlings... the one on the left got stunted pretty bad, I am not sure if it will ever grow like a normal plant again, but it's 20 days old, and still very small, with thick leathery leaves.

On the right, a 10 day old seedling, already overtaking its predecessor... but I have some concerns with the leaves, they're paper thin, so I am hoping these will strengthen up soon. I am also having trouble with the roots; they're growing majorly fast, and I only re-potted it a day or so ago, and it is growing out.

Below is the 20 day seedling, very poor growth, but the strongest of the two, for now.

Below is the 10 day seedling; as you can see, the leaves are getting long, but they're still very thin..

10 day.

20 day.

This is the 10 day seedling's roots. I was under the impression they would grow around the pot, not straight down; is there any way I can help this, or is it literally just a case of constantly re-potting it? Or is it fine how it is, if I place a drip tray underneath, so in effect, kinda like Hydro?

Any feedback on these seedlings would be great, as I am trying to keep them in good shape. I was debating giving up on the 20 day seedling; I'm not sure if it will grow properly later down the line, might be a very poor harvest, I don't know, but its leaves are crazily small, despite some new rapid growth... It looks to me like a different strain altogether, but it could just be the conditions that have done it.

It would be awesome to get your thoughts.

They both look very healthy to me-the 20 day old one looks great-treat her as if she's going
to grow into a big plant and she probably will...I really don't see anything wrong with her,except that she's a slow starter.
I'm a soil grower,but a healthy plant is a healthy plant,no matter the medium-give her some time,she'll surprise you!

Perlite added to your mix will give the roots more oxygen and produce faster growth. What nutes do you use and what is your feeding schedule?

Back
Top Bottom