Seeds and the new grower

tucker99

Gents,
Lots of info on this but things seem to be changing all the time. I'm starting my first grow and, no it's not legal in my state. It's going to be a hydro grow. Herbies seems to be highly recommended for seeds. For a newb, is it best to start with feminized seeds? Please make a good recommendation for a seed that is user friendly in a SCROG cabinet grow. I've been reading so much my eyes are hurting! There are some pretty smart cookies on the forum. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Gents,
Lots of info on this but things seem to be changing all the time. I'm starting my first grow and, no it's not legal in my state. It's going to be a hydro grow. Herbies seems to be highly recommended for seeds. For a newb, is it best to start with feminized seeds? Please make a good recommendation for a seed that is user friendly in a SCROG cabinet grow. I've been reading so much my eyes are hurting! There are some pretty smart cookies on the forum. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Welcome. I have had great luck with Herbies. They ship fast and discretely. I would definitely go with feminized seeds. Look through and pick one you like. I would get a 3 or a 5 pack and pop one or 2. There is a learning curve. Have the others for back up. You won't go wrong with them.

Also, what are you going to use for light? You could start with CFLs or I would recommend an LED light. Look through my links at the bottom of my signature and you can see what I am doing. There are many great growers on this sight!!! Look at their grows too! I am always learning. :peace:

Thanks for replies. I'm sourcing materials now and reading up on the journals about scrog grows. Some species seem better than others. A concern is venting outside. With just 2-plants is the smell noticeable venting, not scrubbed, through an unused dryer vent at knee height?

Thanks for replies. I'm sourcing materials now and reading up on the journals about scrog grows. Some species seem better than others. A concern is venting outside. With just 2-plants is the smell noticeable venting, not scrubbed, through an unused dryer vent at knee height?

Some strains don't really stink that much while flowering and some will stink up your whole block. So if your not going to get an air scrubber and stealth is a major issue I would recommend trying to find a strain with a neutral smell.

For sure buy feminized, if you have any time look through my first journal then decide. I wish I had gone through a seed bank.

Back
Top Bottom