New Laws, New Grower, New Challenges

Hello! Thankfully the laws in my state have recently been adjusted to allow for legal home grows up to four plants so I'm giving it a shot! To start I am using a Mars Hydro TS-600, Fox Farms Ocean Forest (which was recommended to me by the shop supplying the seeds) and 3 gal. fabric pots. I did get 5 seeds total but starting only with 2 so as to not potentially ruin all plants on the first attempt. I've seen in other communities that FFOF is not as highly recommended due to its high nutrient content which can burn out seedlings early and I fear that I am learning that firsthand. While one plant seems to be progressing nicely the second has been developing brown spots and has not grown in height over the last 6 days (only grown 5/8 of an inch) while the other plant has grown more than an inch. A lot of articles warn of overwatering so I have been holding back here to water only 3-4 days with 1 cup at a time for each plant. Is my troubled plant a bust?

Thanks and looking forward to learning!

:welcome:

3 gallon could a bit small for a water only grow to make it to the end. look at 5 gallon.

Is my troubled plant a bust?

probably not. they are tough, and can be turned around most times. so long as you're running photos. autos can be a mess going forward on a hard start.

tutorial on watering a potted plant that you can trust
tutorial on watering a seedling / auto in soil that you can trust

make sure to thank @Emilya

hang around and enjoy the community.

Back
Top Bottom