Seriously - What's the best LED setup?

Growmau5 has put a lot of effort into LED lighting. Have a look at his videos on YouTube to find out what the various wavelengths are for. Start with this one. PAR is fine and dandy as a gross measurement, but plants under lights with equal PAR values will respond differently. Light is synergistic, and light outside of the 400 - 700nm range can make a big difference in plant growth.

I cannot recommend one LED light over another. I'm not happy with the distribution and penetration of the six COB Chinese light I bought. I was in the same shoes you are in. What the heck do you buy? I'm resolving the issue by building my own. It's cheaper than a commercial solution. It can easily, and cheaply be upgraded to take advantage of new technology. The intensity of five channels are programmable. Most importantly, I'll get a much more even light distribution over the canopy. The eight COB light will draw a maximum of 600W from the wall, and is physically designed for a 2' X 4' grow tent. The cost at $1000 CAD (about $750 USD) is high, and it puts out more light than I can use in the space, but it's a prototype for future builds when I expand my grow op. I estimate that the cost for the final design will be about $150 USD less.

my next addition will be Photon Phantom boards. Probably would of went that route before this cob build, but i wasnt expecting to move my grow area to something bigger outta my tent.

yes, his spectrum hits perfectly to the spectrum needed. Check out his Fusion board. its the most perfect board for Emerson effect. He has some great videos of discussion.

yes, his spectrum hits perfectly to the spectrum needed. Check out his Fusion board. its the most perfect board for Emerson effect. He has some great videos of discussion.

You need Far Red (beyond 680nm) for Emerson effect, the board have Photo Red 660nm diodes added, so you still have to add some kinda FR light.

Check out some of the stuff at rapidLED, they have monos and a few kits for this.

Says L561C S6 bin 2700K, 3500K, 6500K and 40 Photo Red 660nm, first time I've ever seen that shop have anything in stock.

What driver would be needed for the fusion boards? I may want to add a couple. Like the additional spectrum. All the QB288's that I have are 2700k. I do have the 2 mars 144 reflectors still in there as well but not sure how effective those will be. Its only money lol

If you have enough PPFD on your canopy, I think you'd be better off adding some Far Red for flower initiation/faster sleep, and blue for power veg/anti-stretch :)
Those phantom boards won't add much spectrum wise to what you already have...

You need Far Red (beyond 680nm) for Emerson effect, the board have Photo Red 660nm diodes added, so you still have to add some kinda FR light.

Check out some of the stuff at rapidLED, they have monos and a few kits for this.

looks like 420-720 on the spec sheet spectrum , no?

If you have enough PPFD on your canopy, I think you'd be better off adding some Far Red for flower initiation/faster sleep, and blue for power veg/anti-stretch :)
Those phantom boards won't add much spectrum wise to what you already have...
alot of photons for 50watts,
looks like 420-720 on the spec sheet spectrum , no?
it absolutly does have 380-730,spectrum , just checked.

alot of photons for 50watts,

Well if you have enough then how does that matter, and where do you see 50w?

But if you need more light for flowering, grab some while they're in the stock, the other boards have been out for ages.

it absolutly does have 380-730,spectrum , just checked.

Where? I'm beginning to think we're looking at different things.... it's the Fusion Board 240, right?

71 watts actually, i think it is.. But i think the board can go much higher then that. he said 2 fusion boards would flower a 3x3.

I don't see any specs or video?

All I see is this:

''THE NEWEST SPECTRUM FROM PHOTON FANTOM DESIGNS, USING A MIX OF 2700K, 3500K, AND 6500K SAMSUNG LM561C DIODES ALL FROM THE S6 FLUX BIN ALONG WITH 40 TIANCHENG 660NM RED DIODES, THESE 14" X 9" LED BOARDS RUN AT 34V @ 2.1A.''

Ok, that's what I'm looking at :) and as you see there is almost no light beyond 680nm which is what you need for Emerson effect, so you have to add Far Red anyway.
So far I haven't seen any Emerson effect testing with cannabis that made me want to go for it, and I've also read some contradicting info on the subject.
The photosystems should be well activated by high power white light LED, so the Emerson effect might actually not have any effect if your PPFD level is high enough.

That's why I'm saying you should add something like Cree XT-E Far Red monos (720-740nm), if you have enough photons on your canopy already, on have them on one hour before lights out and 15 minutes after lights out.
This area is more *known* (at least to me) and there is a visible effect on plants and flowering time.

I have recently been researching for an Emerson effect and flower initiation build, but I'm skipping the Emerson effect part due to too little scientific data on why, how and when, and I found the Far Red diodes I want in Germany so only one border to cross and no taxes or import fees.

If those Fusion Boards were available from an EU country, I would have bought 2 to supplement my QBs.

I dont know bro. I watched his videos, and he says the Fusion board gives the emerson effect. Its not big deal man,

Back
Top Bottom