Sherman371 Grow Journal 05.18.20

Sherman371

Very new. 1st time.
Strain is Northern Lights Auto Flower
70% Indica; 20% Sativa & 10% Ruderalis
Growing indoors with 3x3x6' grow tent, w/RoHS 600W LED Grow Light and Intertek inline fan w/carbon filter w/pre filter
Other gadget include: Digital temp and humidity gauge, timer switch and universal motor speed control

Just panted germinated seedlings today into small pots using Miracle Grow moisture control potting soil. Will transfer to 5 gallon grow bags when they arrive in a few days.
Light is positioned 30 inches from plants
Temps is averaging 74.5 degrees w/60-65% humidity

Grow Tent.jpg

Temp_Humidity.jpg

NLA 1.jpg

Potting mix.jpg

Attachments

• Grow Tent.jpg
    Grow Tent.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 80
The seeds did germinated real fast at a temp of 71.4.
No the soil is hot, if you can find other soil to put them in I would think about it seriously. Miracle Grow isn’t very good for cannabis
Okay. Got it. I can go grab some new soil from my yard. Is that a solution that could work.

No the soil is hot, if you can find other soil to put them in I would think about it seriously. Miracle Grow isn’t very good for cannabis
I changed out the soil today. I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting soil and mixed it with some vermiculite. I tested the Ph and Phosphorus levels of both the Miracle Grow and the Fox Farm and there was a significant difference with the phosphorus levels. Miracle Grow was beyond the high range whereas Fox Farm was between the medium and high range. Ph for the Miracle Grow was 6, Fox Farm about 6.5. Hopefully all my little tadpoles survive the trauma and start to grow strong. Thx for the advice. Much appreciated!

@Sherman371 nice tent and looking forward to your grow!!
FoxFarm is a better choice. You have a very good coach helping you along here. I'm gona follow along

Just go slow with the little ones.
how slow is slow, cuz for the first 3 weeks they dnt need much but just drizzles of plain tab water.

Norther Lights Auto, Day 3 (NLA+3).

The following pictures were taken a few minutes ago. This is about 17 hrs after I replanted them in Fox Farm, Ocean Fresh potting soil w/a 2 to 1 mixture of the soil w/vermiculite and some water.

Titan
NLA+3A.jpg

Caesar
NLA +3b.jpg

Cleopatra
NLA + 3 C.png

Titan looks good (I think), Caesar is shedding his husk and Cleo is just starting to crest the surface. I was worried about her. She didn't have the same long stem as the other two when I transplanted them. However, her name is Cleopatra for a reason.

For future reference, try to take your pictures with natural light as the purple and blues won't really give us a chance to look at the plant properly. You can also turn your flash on, on your phone and take the pictures.

I'm not sure and it can be the picture but your soil seems to wet. Try not to water the entire pot. You only wanna give small amount of water in the first three weeks. Depending on how offten you want to water it through out the day.

I watered mine twice a day and by watering i mean more like some drizzle over my hand and just straight where the stem of the plant is. Over watering won't allow oxygen to get to roots properly and the roots can rot.

don't water it now for the next few days and when you want to give it water, stick your fingure in the soil and see if its damp or wet.

Back
Top Bottom