Should I Defoliate?

phatnugz420

I'm putting my plants into flower today (63 days veg) and I wanted to know if I should take off some leaves from the top because they're so covered the lower parts of the branches arent receiving any light

20201221_145737(0).jpg

I'm putting my plants into flower today (63 days veg) and I wanted to know if I should take off some leaves from the top because they're so covered the lower parts of the branches arent receiving any light
It depends :hmmmm: did you top or train? If not, then lollipop 'em :thumb: which is taking the lower branches off to get the uppers to produce more where the lights at :goodluck:

What kind of lights are you running? I run old school HIDs, so they get plenty of light at the bottoms :popcorn:

Hard to see from a top down pic?? Thats weird... the part you wanna get rid of on the plant before going into flower is the lower 1/4 of the leaves and all lower inside branches.

Nothing from the top of the plant needs to be removed.

We remove lower 1/4 of the plant so that we get increased AIR FLOW at the soil line.

This does 2 things:

Helps with air circulation = helps the plant with transpiration.
Helps keep the plant from picking up soil pests.

IF you're talking taking fan leaves off = bro science. Read up....

Hard to see from a top down pic?? Thats weird... the part you wanna get rid of on the plant before going into flower is the lower 1/4 of the leaves and all lower inside branches.

We remove lower 1/4 of the plant so that we get increased AIR FLOW at the soil line.

This does 2 things:

This does 2 things:

I already lollipopped them I did more research and a scrog net will do

Beautiful girl, please understand I wasn’t slamming on your plant - I simply meant defol is not necessary unless the plant was like 8 feet tall with a super thick canopy and even then it’s questionable.
Your good brother no worries I didnt take any offense, the first picute i provided isnt the best picture lol

I've always stopped any defol or HST (High Stress Training) a week before I plan to flip.
I will do another trim out week 2-3 after the flip if they need it.
@InTheShed just did a nice trim HERE.

Back
Top Bottom