Should I start flushing my AK-47?

Pisces-420

On Weds. 1/25 she will be 7 weeks into flowering. 150 watt CFL 2700k. DWC system with a 5.8 PH. About 50/50 red to white hair ratio and only on the sixth week did the buds start to swell. Should I start the 2 week flushing process?
Post pics in one min.

Re: Should I start flushing my AK-47???

DSC025252.JPG
DSC025192.JPG
DSC025182.JPG
DSC025174.JPG
DSC025164.JPG
DSC025144.JPG
DSC024933.JPG

yo personally i never grew ak strain but almost every strain takes at least 9 weeks to hit peak. the buds still look a little small to me and the trichomes are only like 1/4 way up the leaves but i guess your best bet would be to go to radio shack and buy a small hand microscope and check the thricomes. If they are cloudy and a tiny bit amber that is peak harvest time!

ilikebike said:
yo personally i never grew ak strain but almost every strain takes at least 9 weeks to hit peak. the buds still look a little small to me and the trichomes are only like 1/4 way up the leaves but i guess your best bet would be to go to radio shack and buy a small hand microscope and check the thricomes. If they are cloudy and a tiny bit amber that is peak harvest time!

So only harvest once the triches are cloudy and Amber. So what about the fan leaves then I mean do you remove them b4 harvest or after as some at started to stock to buds

Pisces-420 said:
On Weds. 1/25 she will be 7 weeks into flowering. 150 watt CFL 2700k. DWC system with a 5.8 PH. About 50/50 red to white hair ratio and only on the sixth week did the buds start to swell. Should I start the 2 week flushing process?
Post pics in one min.

My plants are the same with 50/50 and I heard the plant can have up to 3Weeks of stored nutients but not to sure if it true. But I have startrd the 3week flight with 1mj in Justin and other on soil.

Thank you ilikebike. So if i start flushing on 7 week by the time 9 week hits and max thc it will be flushed and ready to go? Or start flushing when the tri-combs change?:thanks:

Mark post some pics of your plant!

you can start removing fan leaves with in a week before you harvest. You dont have to remove the fan leaves but they are gonna have to come off at some point so with in the last week would be ok.

and yes the color of the thricomes will let you know when you need to harvest. but you are growing with a cfl so it might take the full life span of the plant to fill out. the bud looks really good right now it just needs to fill in a little more. post some pics of it next week and people on here will be able to give you a better answer!

Thank you so much ilikebike you've been a great help! The AK is 8-10 week strain so I will wait til week 8 to flush! Will post pics next week and see if everyone aggrees its flush time!:thanks::thanks::thumb:

Hey Pisces hope this picture is helpful to you and feel free to pass it around as it is most useful.
female-flowers-maturation.jpeg

Harvest pic week 8, cloudy/clear triches @70/30%as i have a few more nearing there end i decided to harvest early to get the uplift/speedy-ish high. Also this plants media is soil/bcuzz light mix as the rest of my grow are hydro drip fed and coco coir and expecting to harvest in 1wk and then 3wks and here are the pic's from my first grow/harvested hope they help you decide as only you can be the judge of that as we all have different circumstances and i could'nt wait to not have to pay for my m edice haha. HAPPY GROWING EVERY1 I WAS STONED last nite so must be good lol Think i may have to check my digi cam as there not on my fone will check and post them but here they are drying but wish the nugs where dencer and could probably grew more but don't forget that they are all bagseed and can't wait to start trying with proper seeds in my new location :thanks: :peace:
20120205_114838.jpg
20120205_114800.jpg
20120204_113244.jpg
20120204_113721.jpg
[/COLOR] :goodjob: :peace:

ak47 is an early flowering plant and should be finished on week 8 but environment and stuff can effect the time it takes ur not far off harvest by the look of things but u really need a 30x microscope to know i think ur buds are small and loose looking due to lack of light cfls arent great for flowering as ak47 is a high yeilding plant there really is no need to flush for 3 weeks especially hydro 7-14 days is plenty and just incase you got your ak47 from cuttings the seeds are made by serious seeds check out there website for more info on the strain

You can lose size!?im running same Ak47. I’m a first time grower as well. I picked off some tiny flowers weeks ago dried em. Man, wife and I agreed great head. I’m gonna add pics. I’d also love advice

So I’m on week 7 maybe 8. I had a tiny mold issue but gotten rid of it using dehumidifier and hydrogen peroxide water mix. Spayed on lightly. But I admit I took basically all fan leaves. I ditched the net to eliminate spread and switched to black cable ties. I recommend cable ties big. But can anyone tell if it’s flushing time?

E2D3C6C6-8897-4884-99C9-7E13F66E4D98.jpeg

E88FB7B8-61BF-4524-9677-18A20B8F1B94.jpeg

38A14174-165E-4E8B-8503-0DF7150AEA0A.jpeg

AD2D6BEA-3131-45DF-926C-05F2C6256032.png

Back
Top Bottom