Should I trim or not?

mine are not autos they are feminized and i cant get over the size of the leaves and the bushiness..lol Just now starting to get taller..
If the light is good they often start all squat with leaves overlapping. The lowest leaves will probably go pale as the plant grows taller and you move the light up. This is normal for artificial light grows.

It's rail with a small motorised hanging unit that you hang a light off that hangs of the ceiling. They are for room grows because I think their tracks are 2m+. They just slowly move backwards and forwards, kind of imitating the sun's movement by adopting different lighting angles as time passes and that allows light to get in the dark spaces as it passes.

With a static light plants adopt the best leaf configuration to maximise light absorption at the top resulting in blocking out the lower leaves. I think this is why leaf-pruning is a thing in indoor grows. The other advantage is you can cover more area with more plants with less lights. Google: 'light rail plants' They are called 'light movers as well.
Awesome! I like that. Maybe I can incorporate that into the cob array I plan to build. I like to mimic nature when I can. I try to do that in the coral reef hobby too. As much as I can anyway.
No offence to the OP, we all have different opinions and I respect that. I mean no dramas. Just want to add "ma 5 boab" :)

Please don't mate.
Cob light is really intense.
I've still not advanced from the stone age yet admiteddly. I've got CFL, blurple, CMH and HPS.
CFL and Blurple are pretty easy to get the distance between frying them and stretching them spot on.
CMH is a bit harder to master. Took me 2 or 3 runs But ..
HPS I still can't get the hang of after 6 or 7 grows with the fuckers and I only use them for bloom.
None of those lights are anywhere near as good as cobs. Nowhere near as powerful or efficient .
To get a timer to raise and lower effectively with cobs would be a nightmare.
The last thing you want with cobs is plants stretching to then lower the lights.
Light doesn't get much more intense so you've got to be careful with it.
Don't fuck about with it mate, honestly that just sounds like a bad idea.
The whole point of ratchet hangers is so you can raise the lights with the pull of a string manually . Job done.
It's easy to see when the light is too close so just raise it a few inches yourself.
An automated timer can't make that decision. Only you can see how far the lights should be.
Cobs are fucking tremendous lights, far better than anything in my arsenal but they'll smash you to bits of you don't use them properly .

No offence to the OP, we all have different opinions and I respect that. I mean no dramas. Just want to add "ma 5 boab" :)

Please don't mate.
Cob light is really intense.
I've still not advanced from the stone age yet admiteddly. I've got CFL, blurple, CMH and HPS.
CFL and Blurple are pretty easy to get the distance between frying them and stretching them spot on.
CMH is a bit harder to master. Took me 2 or 3 runs But ..
HPS I still can't get the hang of after 6 or 7 grows with the fuckers and I only use them for bloom.
None of those lights are anywhere near as good as cobs. Nowhere near as powerful or efficient .
To get a timer to raise and lower effectively with cobs would be a nightmare.
The last thing you want with cobs is plants stretching to then lower the lights.
Light doesn't get much more intense so you've got to be careful with it.
Don't fuck about with it mate, honestly that just sounds like a bad idea.
The whole point of ratchet hangers is so you can raise the lights with the pull of a string manually . Job done.
It's easy to see when the light is too close so just raise it a few inches yourself.
An automated timer can't make that decision. Only you can see how far the lights should be.
Cobs are fucking tremendous lights, far better than anything in my arsenal but they'll smash you to bits of you don't use them properly .
What HPS bulbs were you using? I've had no problems with Philips Son-T Agro or Son-T Plus. They are old bulbs now.

What HPS bulbs were you using? I've had no problems with Philips Son-T Agro or Son-T Plus. They are old bulbs now.
Just cheapy omega 600 ones mate. I can't find the sweet spot to save my life. Every other light I can keep a couple inches away from the burn point no worries but every time I use the HP's I iether stretch em too much or half fry them lol. Getting the Phillips son t for next run . We'll see how I get on with that. Maybe get some more fan power too :)

Just cheapy omega 600 ones mate. I can't find the sweet spot to save my life. Every other light I can keep a couple inches away from the burn point no worries but every time I use the HP's I iether stretch em too much or half fry them lol. Getting the Phillips son t for next run . We'll see how I get on with that. Maybe get some more fan power too :)
The one you want now is the Philips Master Son-T PIA Green Power 600w. Make sure it says 'Green Power' if you want the better veg light. This one has more blue. The SON-T PIA Plus has more lumens but more suited to flowering. About 30 to 40 quid on Fleabay. It's dimmable as well if needed.

The one you want now is the Philips Master Son-T PIA Green Power 600w. Make sure it says 'Green Power' if you want the better veg light. This one has more blue. The SON-T PIA Plus has more lumens but more suited to flowering. About 30 to 40 quid on Fleabay. It's dimmable as well if needed.
Ahh thanks for that mate. I was a bit unsure as to which one I needed. I'd seen one of them was 2-2.5k so was gonna go for that but I'll take your word for it.
I prefer blurples for veg as I can keep them at the right distance to get nice tight nodes, they're just not that great for bloom. Doesn't get them very forsty by comparison, so the pia plus it must be :) I'd looked at the more expensive ones that come with the gativas, can't remember the name, but fuck paying 80 odd quid for a 3 month lightbulb lol.

Ahh thanks for that mate. I was a bit unsure as to which one I needed. I'd seen one of them was 2-2.5k so was gonna go for that but I'll take your word for it.
I prefer blurples for veg as I can keep them at the right distance to get nice tight nodes, they're just not that great for bloom. Doesn't get them very forsty by comparison, so the pia plus it must be :) I'd looked at the more expensive ones that come with the gativas, can't remember the name, but fuck paying 80 odd quid for a 3 month lightbulb lol.
The ones you've probably seen are for general lighting. They are geared for human vision rather than plant growth. They will grow under it though according Philips. That's why these ones are called Green Power.

The ones you've probably seen are for general lighting. They are geared for human vision rather than plant growth. They will grow under it though according Philips. That's why these ones are called Green Power.
Haha quality mate. I just looked it up and the pia plus is exactly what I was looking at. 2k.
2 googles later and I've found them for £33 :) thanks buddy, much appreciated :)

Philips invented sodium lights and the later cmh lights, so I think they are likely to be the best.
On paper, im sure they're third best. The best ones are those rediculously priced ones at £80 a pop or so. I'll go look it up but Mrs pal just turned up so im gonna play some Xbox and have a perv lol.

Shit sorry for thread jacking frojo, im the world's worst for it. My bad mate.
Lol no worries.. really doesnt mean much to me as im so new that im just sticking with my 2 600w phlizon full spectrums..lmao you guys are way out of my league. have at it.. enjoy reading the conversations regardless.. :bongrip:

Lol no worries.. really doesnt mean much to me as im so new that im just sticking with my 2 600w phlizon full spectrums..lmao you guys are way out of my league. have at it.. enjoy reading the conversations regardless.. :bongrip:
Yeah it's just part of everyone being stoned all the time mate. Get a bit side tracked and before you know it your 3 miles off on a tangent lol.
I use blurples like yours too sometimes, they're alright. Grown some nice buds with them.My favourite lights for veg, just easier to grow with but for flower they're not really upto the job compared to the other options. Buds don't get as frosty. That s my only gripe with them though.

Back
Top Bottom