Sir Grow Alot - High Brix Autos Indoor/Outdoors

sir grow alot

Whats up 420!!

Here goes x2 berry ryder and x2 auto ak in high brix soil/ DOC BUDS kit.

i germed two of each and one auto ak didnt pop so i popped another to replace it, so there is one auto ak lagged a couple weeks behind the others.

both berry ryders showed pistils 2 days ago at 19 days from germ ~ at 5.5" tall and 6 nodes.

the other ak is a week behind that with the last auto ak 2.5 weeks behind.

everyone is in 3 gal fabric pots....needed to restrict height so went with 3 gal. i know doc suggest nothing under 5 but stealth is #1 priority since in the next week or so time they will be outside in a make shift greenhouse ish area lol. currently under 110w cfl.

here are some pics to get everyone caught up sorry no real order:thumb:

14021.JPG
13822.JPG
13719.JPG
10739.JPG
10836.JPG
13622.JPG
10637.JPG
10436.JPG
103100.JPG
101119.JPG
10034.JPG
09919.JPG
0081120.JPG
09523.JPG
09824.JPG
0071223.JPG
0051473.JPG
0031644.JPG
0021721.JPG
0011721.JPG

Re: Sir grow alot-high brix autos in/outdoors

Darned nice start!

I have an itch to grow autos outside in the north country ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

My first plants were three NL autos from Nirvana - got a great big kick out of 'em - fun! They went 84, 85 and 105 days and yielded about 1.5oz each. I think you're the first to run autos in HB, though - mine were in mineralized soil. Cool! I wonder if they'll run longer than usual ...

:thumb:

Subbd, looking great!
Thank you for the help! :)
Have you ever grown autos before?
Seed to bud in how long? Amazing..

NP anytime DR.Z!!
i have grown several diff auto in the past years( double diesel ryder, auto haze, syrup, fast bud, think diff, critical + 2.0...and some others i cant remember right now)

fastest auto ive grown was at 58 days(fast bud) seed to weed and think different went out about 85 days.:high-five: highest yield 56g off the dinafem auto haze. i hope and plan to beat that hopefully this time with the HB autos! my favorite auto ive grown is def the double diesel ryder...super diesel flavor, dense as a rock and frosty frosty!!

both these current strains call for 65-85 days seed to weed

Darned nice start!

I have an itch to grow autos outside in the north country ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

My first plants were three NL autos from Nirvana - got a great big kick out of 'em - fun! They went 84, 85 and 105 days and yielded about 1.5oz each. I think you're the first to run autos in HB, though - mine were in mineralized soil. Cool! I wonder if they'll run longer than usual ...

:thumb:

:Namaste:that would be cool if i was the first to do High brix autos!!
i agree with you GT autos are fun..if anyone has extra room in the veg tent and want some easy growing meds without a light change needed...autos are the shit!!!!or if anyone is wanting multiple outdoor harvest before the coppers in the choppers come out looking!!! autos have come along way the last few years to say the least!!
some DWC growers are getting 1lb autos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so far they just love the kit. 3 of the 4 got their first dose of energy/tea last night and stress sprayed tonight.
one thing i have noticed is plants from seed in High Brix take on a "healthier" more robust structure and growth vs. clones...now granted this is based off of clones from non-high brix mothers...??? i wonder if this plays a part??

"i wonder if they will take longer"??? time will tell ill keep the journal tight and accurate and we can figure it out together.

I'm liking the grow, subbed.:thumb:

Thanks for subbing!!! let the fun begin now!

one thing i have noticed is plants from seed in High Brix take on a "healthier" more robust structure and growth vs. clones...now granted this is based off of clones from non-high brix mothers...??? i wonder if this plays a part??

This got me thinking ... :blunt: ... 'cause I've noticed that my seedlings seem to be more robust than my clones, too. I know I've heard stuff about clone fatigue, etc, and that may play a role. Doc has talked about the stage of growth of the clone mother when it was taken, for instance. A younger mother seems to produce a more vigorous clone. And yes, it matters if the clone comes from a HB mother or not - noticably more vigorous from HB.

But I wonder if it isn't also a matter of growth habit. My seedlings grow grow faster and are sturdier with thicker stems. My clones are sort of wild and leggy. But clones are in the alternate node stage, so they grow differently. And because seedlings have opposed nodes, the apical growth hormones are far more stable, concentrated in the one top.

Subbed...enjoying everyone's High Brix grows...:thumb:

great to have glad you are enjoying!! are you growing in High brix soil or thinking of it??

This got me thinking ... :blunt: ... 'cause I've noticed that my seedlings seem to be more robust than my clones, too. I know I've heard stuff about clone fatigue, etc, and that may play a role. Doc has talked about the stage of growth of the clone mother when it was taken, for instance. A younger mother seems to produce a more vigorous clone. And yes, it matters if the clone comes from a HB mother or not - noticably more vigorous from HB.

But I wonder if it isn't also a matter of growth habit. My seedlings grow grow faster and are sturdier with thicker stems. My clones are sort of wild and leggy. But clones are in the alternate node stage, so they grow differently. And because seedlings have opposed nodes, the apical growth hormones are far more stable, concentrated in the one top.

cool to see you are seeing the same things from seed!

But clones are in the alternate node stage, so they grow differently. And because seedlings have opposed nodes, the apical growth hormones are far more stable, concentrated in the one top.

this i didnt know but just reading it makes sense for sure. i also noticed in my plants from seed the roots fill the container way faster and dont handle being left in the 1 gal pot too long hitting root bound faster and when they do they yellow quicker and dont respond to the drench/sprays as well...my fix is to root prune or upsize the container....orrrr just use root pots and you really dont have this issue.
only one high brix mother was put into 1gal fabric pot and is the only one out of 15+ to show no loss in vigor or root bound symptoms.

I scaled up to 1.5 gallon pots and I'm a lot happier with them. The 1 gallon (3 quart) nursery pots weren't cutting it for the reasons you listed. I can get a good solid veg going before I have to put them in the big pots. I use the tall square 7 inch white pots with the drain notches down the corners. :slide:

I scaled up to 1.5 gallon pots and I'm a lot happier with them. The 1 gallon (3 quart) nursery pots weren't cutting it for the reasons you listed. I can get a good solid veg going before I have to put them in the big pots. I use the tall square 7 inch white pots with the drain notches down the corners. :slide:

i use the same pots :) just 1 gal size obviously lol:)

im going with half in 2 gal fabric pots on the next photo run and the other half in the pots im using now just for shits and giggles and a true side by side( i love side by sides!!!)

Sir Grow a lot,

I have been growing in Coco with H&G nutes for the past 3+ years (Hempy style) and since "discovering" DocBud's threads, have made the decision that High Brix will be the way I will go in the not too distant future. Also, I believe LED's are finally a viable alternative to HPS/MH, and so I'll also be switching to them. I have enough nutes left for one more grow that will get started in early August, and then it will be time for the change.

In the meantime, I have all you great people filling my head with "new" knowledge, that I will definitely put to good use...:peace:

excited to have you along!!!!:thumb:

Sir Grow a lot,

I have been growing in Coco with H&G nutes for the past 3+ years (Hempy style) and since "discovering" DocBud's threads, have made the decision that High Brix will be the way I will go in the not too distant future. Also, I believe LED's are finally a viable alternative to HPS/MH, and so I'll also be switching to them. I have enough nutes left for one more grow that will get started in early August, and then it will be time for the change.

In the meantime, I have all you great people filling my head with "new" knowledge, that I will definitely put to good use...:peace:

im on my first LED grow now and loving it!!!

hempy buckets are fun i grew a few out in them using...go figure...H&G(for hydro this is my #1 nute...if i ever go back that is:)) and really enjoyed it...

just a word to the wise because i was just talking with DR. Ziggy about this...while you are preparing for your HB grow there is obviously an incredible amount of thread pages to read through to attain the know how needed and tips/tricks for a HB grow. i would suggest starting at page one of DOCs Q&A thread and in the LAB thread with an extra wordpad or word document pulled up so you can copy and paste helpful info straight to the documnet so you can refrence it at a later time becuase its hard to remember everything you read through out....just .02$ of mine:Namaste:

Thanks for the great tips, SGA. I've already started compiling data...I'm compulsive that way! It looks like you guys that are already involved with Doc's methods and modalities are on the bleeding edge of a new, some would say better way to grow. A method for the true connoisseur's out there.

Since it's going to be a number of months yet before I will be ready to start, I'm looking forward to all the data points that will be coming out from all of you. It all seems to still be a new work in progress, even from Doc, so I see it all just getting better and better over time.

Great auto info & journal detail! I'm vegging my first ever autos, I still am a bit GREEN on auto knowledge, right now my concern is when do I switch nutes to bloom nutes? The guy gave me quality seeds, but he didn't know to ask how many days "seed to weed". The plants are into the fourth nodes now, stalks are pencil thick. OG K & NoLghts

I've read a lot of folks don't see the "sign" of when the girls show you that it's time to turn 'em.

Any input you can share on this? greatly appreciate auto tips from an exp. grower like you,

and thanks for the love over at the "Fluxy Lady" :high-five:

Thanks for the great tips, SGA. I've already started compiling data...I'm compulsive that way! It looks like you guys that are already involved with Doc's methods and modalities are on the bleeding edge of a new, some would say better way to grow. A method for the true connoisseur's out there.

Since it's going to be a number of months yet before I will be ready to start, I'm looking forward to all the data points that will be coming out from all of you. It all seems to still be a new work in progress, even from Doc, so I see it all just getting better and better over time.

Just remember to ask doc for your kit a lil over a month before you plan on using it because the soil needs 30 days to cook. :)

I absolutley agree with you here Shrike! its in the research & development phase and getting better by the grow for all of us here...
Just remember to ask doc for your kit a lil over a month before you plan on using it because the soil needs 30 days to cook. :)

great point!!!:) dont wanna forget that key point lol

Great auto info & journal detail! I'm vegging my first ever autos, I still am a bit GREEN on auto knowledge, right now my concern is when do I switch nutes to bloom nutes? The guy gave me quality seeds, but he didn't know to ask how many days "seed to weed". The plants are into the fourth nodes now, stalks are pencil thick. OG K & NoLghts

I've read a lot of folks don't see the "sign" of when the girls show you that it's time to turn 'em.

Any input you can share on this? greatly appreciate auto tips from an exp. grower like you,

and thanks for the love over at the "Fluxy Lady" :high-five:

I am greatly humbled by the kind words:thanks:

a couple key pointers for autos:

-start them in the final container size, they dont respond well to transplanting and if you do you will shock them loose yeild and vigor.

-switch to bloom nutes once the stretch phase from flowering is about over...typically 1.5 weeks after first pistils are seen.

id say these are the 2 most improtant things to know about autos...if you have any other specfic Q's please ask away.

I am pulling up chair in the back.

Welcome CO Finest!!! great to have ya

i took some pics this morning to get caught up to date with where i am at:

05654.JPG
05555.JPG
05463.JPG
05367.JPG
05754.JPG
05172.JPG
05278.JPG
05852.JPG