Sleep trouble?

I hear ya Inasad. I used to smoke all the time. When my exams came up I stoped smoking (cold turkey) I had to focus on these exams. At night I had problems sleeping and I did not know why. I soon relized that my body was just so used to having THC in it's system to calm me down from a long day (some people use tv or a glass of wine), and when my body was not getting it I was not getting sleepy. I did not wind down. I just had to find something to relax me. I used Jazz. That helped me a lot. I listened to Jazz in my bed and that did the trick. You need to find that thing that calms you down for bed besides some bud. You never know when you might have to stop smoking all at once.
~Tamemoe~

I feel u *I sometimes can not sleep at all !and if I do I wake up at 20 after the hr. on the dot It sucks !!and u know Drs. (shutter shake ) take this pill we will deal with u later lol!!Relaxe let it go do not watch t.v /nor think about it ???just let go of what u must !!!I always ask my self does it really matter 2 morrow ??will I miss it so much my life changes ?? ??school is a big change ??!!Good luck

Exercise sometime during the day, preferably late in the afternoon. It doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do, just do enough that you are tired afterward.

Don't lay in bed thinking about problems, or anything exciting. Focus on your breathing.

Works for me, YMMV.

I woke up from a bad dream at 3:30am day before yesterday, and I had smoked hash that night. Strange.

Maybe because I am not smoking as much as usual.

Hash will give you odd dreams. One of the traditional reasons for hashish usage in the Middle East was as a sleep aide. Arab doctors of that time noted the dream disturbance side-effect a thousand plus years ago.

The odd dreams are one of the primary reasons hash has been my smoke of choice for 40 years.

To the initial poster I did basically the same thing you're doing my final two years as an undergrad. The lack of sleep and nightmares are part of it. In my case it took about a month for my sleep to normalize. I got the occasional
weird dream for next six months.

One that repeated itself involved crawling around in a big bag of giant buds. (It was great!)

You'll make it,the first three weeks are the worst. And don't be surprised by the number of "friends" you lose in that first month. They're nothing but get high friends and better of out of your life.Your real friends will stick with you whether you're still smoking or not.

I'm in college as well. I save all of my smoking for after class (I usually do homework high, though) and it seems to work for me very well. Once you prioritize, it becomes very easy to do well in school AND get blazed on a daily basis.

Also, I've never had any trouble dreaming while stoned. As soon as I wake up, I can remember the dream well...but it deteriorates after a minute or two. I've been considering keeping a dream log, apparently it helps you recognize certain patterns in your sleep that allow you to have lucid dreams (knowing you're dreaming, while you're dreaming) which let's you dream about anything you want. That would be awesome, but I don't think I could commit to it...I'm a lazy stoner when I'm awake, let alone when I just wake up.

Back
Top Bottom