Small outdoor grow - Have a couple questions

Raekwon710

so i planted 3 seeds i found in a 2 oz sack of blue dream that i had bought, germinated them and planted the seedlings in pots about 6 weeks ago. Long story short, 2 turned out male so I got rid of them but surviving plant just started preflowering about a week ago and i was very relieved when i saw those beautiful little white pistils popping out the top nodes. But since I'm growing outdoors with soil its hard to find pics to compare my plant to see if she is looking right at the age shes at and if there is any signs of distress.

All the leaves are a nice green color none are pale green showing nitrogen deffiencies or anything like that, the nodes are popping out with lots of underbrush. But i would like to get a second opinion and i feel like this is the best place to ask these questions.

Decided against topping/cropping since this is my first attempt at a serious grow before i attempt something bigger.

So, what do you guys think? for a plant thats six weeks old, should it be bigger, bushier, taller? I dont know what size container i have my plant in, to me it looks like a 2 gallon maybe? I have plans to run and get supplies today, and i want to get a bunch of 3 gallon pots since from what Jorge Cervantes medical grow bible says that your plant should get around 3-4 ft in a 3 gallon container and thats where I really want to keep the length. Sorry for rambling, talking about weed does to me! But yes any help, suggestions, or criticisms are welcome!

PS; I'm in central FL right now, to give you guys an idea in my climate

Hey bud! I hate you for living in central Florida! Lol just kidding. I'm in northern Canada and it's probably fair to say that our climates are exact opposite.

In all honesty, she's beautiful, lush and nice and bushy. Your doing a great job! Keep it up!

Greenest regards friend!

Really? Thats awesome to hear! Yeah, I hear that Florida has the perfect year round weather to grow 365 days out of the year.

But I'm really glad that from the pics so far, that shes looking good so far. Like I said this is my first serious attempt at a grow,(really trying to see if i can actually do this successfully which is why i started small, im not looking for a big yield. I just want to know if i can grow good tasting, get you stoned as hell weed before i worry about growing pounds.) shes the only one out of the blue dream batch that made it to fem, but i have another batch of seedlings that are 3 1/2 weeks old so far and their looking really good too.

And for seeds I've mainly just been collecting any i find whenever i buy a QP or HP of some high grade and usually always find one or two seeds in the whole thing.

Not a bad idea at all! Consider starting a journal so we can follow your progress and the best of the best will be able to watch you grow and put in some valuable advice!

All the best to you! Hope to see you grow some more!

She looks just dandy, get her transplanted into the biggest pot you can, dial in her feeding and you should have a cracking harvest. Blue dream is on my HSO to buy list. Good luck :goodjob:
By looking at the first picture, is there anyway you can judge the size of the pot that I'm using? i think its either 1 or 2 gallons, and I want to keep the plants around 3-4ft tall would a 3 gallon keep them at that length?

Good point Babble.

Try and aim for a 5 gallon pot of some kind. Try and do it sooner then later to avoid stress on the flowers

Ive also heard that different shapes of containers can be beneficial, like rectangular containers any truth to that?
Pigeon420 said:
Not a bad idea at all! Consider starting a journal so we can follow your progress and the best of the best will be able to watch you grow and put in some valuable advice!

All the best to you! Hope to see you grow some more!
I'm planning on starting a journal on the next batch of seedlings that im readying. Im going to outdoor again, thats because for some reason i love the taste of "sun kissed" bud being smoked out of the bubbler.

She looks just dandy, get her transplanted into the biggest pot you can, dial in her feeding and you should have a cracking harvest. Blue dream is on my HSO to buy list. Good luck :goodjob:

I can't tell what size your pot is, but it's too small for decent yield. I am using pots to try to keep my grow below a certain height as well, but if anyone gets too big, I will super crop.....

I was checking out the Home Depot website before I head out there, and I found these and I was wondering would these be good for what i want to do, even though their hydroponics or is that just the section where there located?
Hydroponics Organic 5 gal. Nursery Pots (10-Pack)-VHPP500-10 - The Home Depot
Especially if I can get a 10-pack of them for that price.

::second edit:: I guess the 10-pack is online only purchase, but theres these at the home depot near my house:Product Not Found

So I'm gonna probably pick up a couple.

Well I know this thread was started because i had some questions about my main plant,
and to see how she is looking from a pro's pov. But since I've talked about the other seedlings,
I planted about 3 1/2 weeks ago and how their looking.

The seedlings look great from what I can, so now i just need to go today or tomorrow and stock up on soil, nutes, and get the 5 gal. pots to start getting everything ready.

Hey man! Welcome to the world of sun grown cannabis. All your seedlings look very good, so don't spoil this by pushing ferts. Rather estimate carefully what you might run out of by the time they flower, and take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom