Smallest viable pot

Pondwater

I am growing out some regs with my main crop to sex and flower what is the smallest pot I can get away with organically ?
My mains are in 5gal but I’m worried the regs so small they run outa food if I did 1 gal pots ?
Or would feeding them a liquid organic feed be ok?like biobizz or nursery grade 5-3-8 Will root bound make probs ?

You can use as small a pot as you want, it will just limit the size of the plants. The little pot in the picture in the middle is only about a gallon. I was planning to up-pot at flower but I didn't get any males so I have more plants than I wanted; I'll finish two plants in those little pots. When it's root bound it just sucks up the water-nutes. The only problem will be salt build-up, you'll have to flush a couple of times or you'll get lockouts and deficiencies.

You can use as small a pot as you want, it will just limit the size of the plants. The little pot in the picture in the middle is only about a gallon. I was planning to up-pot at flower but I didn't get any males so I have more plants than I wanted; I'll finish two plants in those little pots. When it's root bound it just sucks up the water-nutes. The only problem will be salt build-up, you'll have to flush a couple of times or you'll get lockouts and deficiencies.

Ace seeds I’m growing out too hehe

they run outa food if I did 1 gal pots ?
That would be a bit on the small side and yes, the small containers will not be able to up with the demands of a plant. But, it could be done. I grew clones in 1 and 1/2 gallon pots with soil and was able to get a bit over 1 oz dried. It took awhile to figure out what types and how much fertilizers to use, how often to use them, and it was a lot more work. Not to mention it took longer to grow those clones to the right size, shape and training to pull it off.

A lot easier to do with 3 or 5 gallons of soil and clones from the same mother and the same fertilizers. A lot easier, often less time in the vegetating stage and more fun even if I pull 2 or 3 oz dried.

Might be a bit of luck but I've managed to get a lb out of em, twice.
If going from seed it does seem to be easier to train for more and better bud sites.

And, the root system is better in a plant from seed. The tap root is there which clones do not have. And, there are larger lateral or side roots. The large tap and large laterals provide a big storage bank for the various sugars, and nutrients, and even water that will power the plant through to the finish once it starts to flower.

Clones have a mass of thin hair roots making it easy for the plant to grab water and nutrient but the plant ends up with no where to store the extra except in the leaves and stems. My theory, anyway.

The idea of growing in the 1 gallon or 1.5 gallon pots came from reading about the hempie style. Seems like many of those growers were happy with 3/4 to 1 ounce per clone. I figured if they can do it in a 2 quart pot of Perlite then I should try in a slightly larger pot of soil.

The first question is why?
These just a few left over seeds that you want to sprout to weed out the males and you have extra room to grow a few extras in tiny pots to get an extra ounce or two?
Then yeah you could probably just stick them in a 1 gal fabric pot IN COCO and bottle feed them "organic nutrients " coco in such tiny pots would be more forgiving and easier to add and flush away nutrients.

Some definitions of organically grown are a bit looser than others.

The first question is why?
These just a few left over seeds that you want to sprout to weed out the males and you have extra room to grow a few extras in tiny pots to get an extra ounce or two?
Then yeah you could probably just stick them in a 1 gal fabric pot IN COCO and bottle feed them "organic nutrients " coco in such tiny pots would be more forgiving and easier to add and flush away nutrients.

Some definitions of organically grown are a bit looser than others.
Yeah am sexing them and hope to fill in the gaps for a few extra bits ofc but mainly cause I wanna try the flavours and test flower before I do a room of them it’s a random sativa selection from ace so could have the dreaded 27week flower lol curiosity but same time I can’t afford more weight on the floor lol already at half ton

Back
Top Bottom