Smoke one for my Grandfather

Thepurplem0nkey

I havent mentioned anything about this in the forums cause I just havent been able to form the words...but my grandfathers been in the hospital for the past week, and he's been diagnosed with COlon Cancer. They gave him 2 months if he doesnt get surgery, which he is going to get tomorrow night. But my grandfather is 85, so of course, the surgery is risky. Please smoke one up for my gramps. Not only a WW2 vet, but a supporter of the legalization movement! My gramps was open to trying med pot, which helped with his appetite loss, smoked the grass he confiscated from my uncle in the 60's, and smoked "marijuana ciggerttes" when his war travels took him to Berma, India. SO again, dont matte rif you have schwag or hash,. smoke on up and think good thoughts for my gramps please :)
-PM

Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything with the surgery works out for him and he is back to normal when it's finished. I'm going to dedicate this whole quarter ounce to your grandfather in the hopes it will bring him good luck and many years to follow after his successful surgery. Take it easy and stay strong.

This next toast is for your Gramps, and all he has done for his country and our cause. I been on scotch and blunts all night, and after this glass, we'll smoke one in his honor. Peace outside

Thats too bad dude, Im sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well for him and you. My grandma had colon cancer so I know how you must feel. He sounds like a very honerable guy. Im gonna go blaze an 1/8th for him right now. I hope everything works out for yall and wish you and your family the best, man. Keep ya head up, keep it real and stay down, homie. Peace.

Just smoked one for you and your family. Dude I hope everything works out good.

We will be thinking about ya'll....

I'm going to smoke a bowl right now. Sorry to hear that, I have my best wishes at heart.

GOOD NEWS!!!! My grandfather was in surgery for about 2 and a half hours. and he survived :) The doctor said the cancer growth was sizeable, but was easily removed, and that it doesnt look at all like it spread into his liver :) If that wasn't enough, his son (my uncle) who has been estranged and not in touch with any of our family for the past 15 years showed up after my mom managed to contact him.
He's going to be kept on the breathing amchine overnight because they dont feel comfortable taking him off of it so late in the evening, so he'll be in the CU overnight until they take him off.
Thank you all for your thoughts and your dedicated bowls, my grandfather and I really appreciate it. WHile hes not out of the woods yet, the surgery seems to have gone as well as it could have gone, and im certain good positive vibes helped in this.
-PM

Thepurplem0nkey said:
GOOD NEWS!!!! My grandfather was in surgery for about 2 and a half hours. and he survived :) The doctor said the cancer growth was sizeable, but was easily removed, and that it doesnt look at all like it spread into his liver :) If that wasn't enough, his son (my uncle) who has been estranged and not in touch with any of our family for the past 15 years showed up after my mom managed to contact him.
He's going to be kept on the breathing amchine overnight because they dont feel comfortable taking him off of it so late in the evening, so he'll be in the CU overnight until they take him off.
Thank you all for your thoughts and your dedicated bowls, my grandfather and I really appreciate it. WHile hes not out of the woods yet, the surgery seems to have gone as well as it could have gone, and im certain good positive vibes helped in this.
-PM

Thats awsome, man. Im so happy for you and your family. I knew he'd pull thru, bro. Tell him to stay up and dont give in. Its great to hear that your uncle showed up. I hope the best for yall and wish him a long healthy life. Keep us posted on him. Peace.

I can't, PM, but I'll keep him in my thoughts. The big C is a tough thing to face...my pop is a WW2 vet also, also 85, and he has had brownies served to him at a party and was angry when he found out a couple days later, but he did admit very much enjoying the experience.

My dad is also for legalization, and a restoration of american liberties in general. He is 85 and cancer free (so far). I hope he will be with me for a few more years...

Take care and hoping the best for a full recovery, dude. Old people rule.

Thanks everyone. He's still on a ventalator (the machine that breathes for you) and is stillin the ICU, but thats because he's still pumped up on crazy drugs, so he wont remember any of this shit, and they hoe to have completely weaned him off the ventalator by tomorrow.
My family celebrates "the hollidays" tonight, so we just ate and exchanged gifst. Kind sad without my hramps there, but I KNOW he'll be around next holliday season :D
-PM

Good to see your family get a share of good fortune, PM. My dad had a brush with prostate cancer 5 years ago, and he's lucky to have survived.

Water and Vitamin D do wonders for reducing risks of cancer. Hopefully your gramps won't have to go through that shit again.

THanks Mad Cow. I of course realize that my grandfather is very old, and his time on this earth is growing shorter......but it just seemed so unfair to me that a man who lived through a depression, fought in ww2 behind enemy lines in the pacific, surviging a bought with Malaryia even, to a man who made it possible for a family to prosper, two of his grandchildren college graduates, one of those gradutes a MA.....it just seems to me that my grandfather deserves to die in his sleep, dremaing a nice dream and much older than 85...not being eaten away by cancer.
I'm so glad he's survived the surgery and the cancer was removed. It sure puts things into perspective for me. WHile my grandfather and I ahve always been close, this experience makes me want to spend even more time with him, now that his mortality has been dangled in front of my face, which is a good thing :)
-PM

Visited my Grandfather tonight. He's still in the ICU, but all the tubes are out and they are only keeping him there because hes old and its better to provide constant supervision until he heals up a bit. Hes drugged up a bit on morphine, just a touch, so he wass coming in and out when I was talking to him. I scoured the internet, bit torrent, AND kazaa to find some songs I thought he'd like so I could burn them for him while he heals up in the hospital. I put them on an MP3 player and left them there for him. I hope he can figure out how to use it X_X
Listen to this shit.....Neil Diamond is related to my family. He's related to my mother. So my gramps has always loved Neil Diamond music, since he's a big deal in our family. Think what you will about his music, my grandfather ADORES Neil Diamond, and I think we can all agree that a large majority of the "older" populace also enjoys Neil Diamond...so imagine my shock, when looking for neil dimaond songs, which my grandfather in his 85 years on earth is sure to have spent thousands of dollars on time after time no doubt )And hey, I happen to like his music, but I grew up on it), WERE BEING SCREENED BY THE RIAA!!! Yes, even NEIL DIAMOND SONGS are now being masked and altered. I had to download 8 bad/false/repeat/static versions of BROOKLYN ROADS before I found the real one. What kinf of SICK ORGANIZATION hides NEIL DIAMOND from seniors seeking his entertainment?? LOL!
My Gramps is ALREADY looking stronger. His color has returned, alomst overnight. Hes all drugged up, but he still looks stronger somehow. Im just so glad he's made it out of surgery alive, and now I dont hold anything back when I talk to him. Its very emotional, but hey, thats the truth :)
-PM

Mr. Monkey, Merry to you mate! Hope your grandpa's health improves. My prayers are with him. Best to you and yours in the New Year!

Back
Top Bottom