So I messed up: What can I do?

... that's light bleaching. Light stress and heat stress are two different things.
It might be light bleaching as InTheShed mentions.

I had it show up on a couple of plants. One time the plant tops were close to a set of LED pods and there was nothing more I could do. Another time the white area started showing up on the side of the bud and not at the top.

And another time it was once again at the top, but a different set of LED pods and since the buds had turned a nice purple color I took the photo after harvest and trimming. Incidentally, the purple color on these buds was naturally occurring since the temperature in the tent did not go below 65F at night (or lights off period). This harvest was from a clone like the previous two times it happened.

full

And then a close up from that photo is below...

full

Wow that looks exactly like my buds. So what was your end results? Was the bud around the white still decent to smoke?

I wish I could move my lights, but I have ZERO room to move anything, unfortunately :(

I am awful at quoting, so my bad!

Wow that looks exactly like my buds. So what was your end results? Was the bud around the white still decent to smoke?
I don't remember any problem. Plus no one complained. Once the buds were dried I do not remember the white areas showing up but they were pretty small.

I went back and checked and the clone was from 2 years ago so it was before I had bought the tent. Most likely it was the first one or two mentioned above.

I wish I could move my lights, but I have ZERO room to move anything, unfortunately
I fastened all my lights to the ceiling of the cabinet I would use for flowering. When I set up the tent, the same thing, fastened to the ceiling so they were as high as possible.

Then the plants are placed on stands or risers so they are up as close to the lights as they should be. As the stretch takes place the risers will be removed so the plant drops down away from the lights. A lot less having to bend over which makes it easy on my back.

I am awful at quoting, so my bad!
I am able to block the line of text in the msg and a little two part button pops up with the choice to 'quote' or 'reply'. I choose reply and the computer copies the highlighted text into the box for my msg.

Back
Top Bottom