So I messed up: What can I do?

Sachvie

Hi everyone, new here. I have been checking out the forums so I thought I would join and ask some questions myself. Like, how the hell do I recover from this f*uck up???

I was too anxious to top for the second time that I totally cut off the main shoot or node? Please see the pics. I topped first at the green line, but then stupid me cut them off at the green lines.

So what should I do now? Should I cut it at the red line and have new top branches? Or should I let 'er buck and see what she comes out with? Or should I top the second below branches that are stretching like crazy now? I'm pretty bummed that I did this, she was going very well. She is in her fourth week of veg, was going to flip her soon but now I don't know. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone!

PXL_20210828_102457524~2.jpg

PXL_20210828_102504990.jpg

PXL_20210828_102527101.jpg

Hold on dude - don’t cut that plant right there, we will get back to you soon

you cut the top plus the growth tips out but left the upper fan leaves intact. when you’ve dug yourself into a hole - stop digging….

In the future don’t ever cut as close as the red line in the first place, you gotta leave a stub sticking up their or later it will split the stalk from training tension or weight.

No more cuts just leave this plant alone you’ve already topped it twice, there only 4 growth tips left in total.

welcome sachvie

First off, thanks for the reply always appreciated. As your advice, I will hold off the cutting until advised otherwise, I just thought maaaaaybe it would promote more lower growth buds. But I am too new to know that.

And honestly, I'm not sure if she is auto or photo. I got the seeds out of a purple goddess bud I had a while ago, if that helps..probably not though.

Some do this on purpose, called FIM or FIMMING (F*ck I Missed) let it grow now and take notes for next grow :hookah:

Happy growing

Welcome to 420, Sachvie!:welcome:

I'd cut it halfway between the green and red lines- with the growth tips gone, that top isn't going to produce anything but those 2 fan leaves anyway...

I'm inclined to agree with @Carcass I think maybe where that green line is could sprout new growth but it would take for ever and the two on the side are already going up like crazy. I say chop the top off near the red line and use that open space to spread out the colas that will be on the sides as new tops

I'm inclined to agree with @Carcass I think maybe where that green line is could sprout new growth but it would take for ever and the two on the side are already going up like crazy. I say chop the top off near the red line and use that open space to spread out the colas that will be on the sides as new tops
Thanks for the advice! So if I do end up going this way how long should I wait before flipping to flower? Another couple weeks atleast?

Should I top the shoots on the sides or just leave them? As I've done enough harm probably already?

how long should I wait before flipping to flower?
That's up to you- it will probably double in height when you flip, so you've got to figure how tall you want it to get, but still leave some room between the plant and the light when it's done stretching.
I always flip mine at 50 days old, but I've only got 40" of headroom, and need to keep them pretty short.
Should I top the shoots on the sides or just leave them?
That's up to you too- I don't, but a lot of folks do.

Looks almost like an Uncle Ben topping (UBT). It will be if you remove the top fans.That leaves your plant with four branches and does make it an Uncle Ben topping.
You can train the branches flat and allow the plant to send shoots upward.

Here is the best explanation I could find on it.

Thanks everyone for all the help, I don't know why I didn't get on here sooner!

I will give her a chop next feeding which is tomorrow morning and throw up an update in the coming days to show progress.

I was thinking I would giver her another week or two to recover before I put her into flower unless anyone thinks otherwise? That would be 5-6 weeks.

As for that Uncle Ben topping never heard or it.. but sounds like pretty much what I did which is funny. So maybe it won't be so bad after all

Thanks again for the advice!

(If I knew how to multi quote I would) lol

Hey everyone. Just a quick update here and another quick question. I added some pics of how the girl is doing and she is very happy after the removal of the top fan leaves, so I am extremely grateful for the advice!
I put her into flower 5 days ago and she is sprouting pistils very nicely.
PXL_20210908_020244957.jpg

PXL_20210908_020432284.jpg

I am wondering what is up with the fan leaves and some other discoloring? Im thinking just from the nutes? Too strong tho? The fan leaves got the yellow spots but no other leaves have the spots just a small amount of yellowing? I'm trying to keep my ph perfect as I can with the liquid tester.. I have heard the digital ones don't work worth sh*t unless you spend a 100$ on one. Is that true? I would like a digital one as the liquid one seems a bit hokey, but it works.
I am also have some tip curl and not sure why, also wondering if it's ph. Only a little though.
PXL_20210908_020517042.jpg

PXL_20210908_020459321.jpg

I am all ears for any advice!
Thanks everyone in advance!

Added another pic quickly, this morning she looks like her tips are a little more curled.. hmmm

PXL_20210908_141618908.jpg

Looking like a Calcium deficiency. Have you added any Cal-Mag recently? If not now would be the time.

Looks like a bit too much food to me.
She's pretty dark and with the hooked leaves she looks like she has a bit of N tox developing. Back her nutes down a bit.

Agree with VG on too much nutes. Dial it back just a tad as mentioned there is light tip burn, hooking or clawing, and the dark green. Not too bad but its telling you its getting too much N. I also agree with Morda but I always add a little cal mag in my nutes as my plants inevitably ask for it. Looks good though

Thanks for the help! I have attached a pic of the nutes that I am using. I hope they arent too cheap of nutes or something, I am quite budget friendly.

s.png

Is there more of something I should be using different? I am using 8ml max grow, 2ml max bud and 5ml max minerals. I am using their suggested amounts, but at later stages in the growth. Like that setup is apparently for only well 3 of veg, meanwhile I'm in week 1 of flower..? I have been trying to keep the nutes low to prevent this but I can lower them.

Back
Top Bottom