So I messed up: What can I do?

Looking again I have to agree with the Nitrogen overload. I do see the Cal issue to in that last pic though... The rusty spots.

Oo and on PH, I think the pens work fine. I spend maybe $65 to get a pen from Hannah an loved it. Now I have one that I probably didn't need to spend the money on but works great as well. Not sure how cheap you can go and still get reliable but for sure under 100

Not sure why there is so much N in the micros?
Try halving G/B and just 1-2ml M until the plant looks a little less bloated
Since nute needs are balanced, and excess can appear as a deficiency as it may lock out another element
So to combat this you can either add more of what's being locked out or simply reduce the amount of nutes being given
I tend towards the latter

Oo and on PH, I think the pens work fine. I spend maybe $65 to get a pen from Hannah an loved it. Now I have one that I probably didn't need to spend the money on but works great as well. Not sure how cheap you can go and still get reliable but for sure under 100
Great thanks for the info! I'll take a look at my local shops for a decent one. All the ones on amazon have awful reviews.

I would just back the plant off a bit for now.
If you change too many things too fast you'll end up chasing your tail. I see a few blemishes on one of the oldest and lowest fan leaves while the rest look good. I wouldn't try to correct for an aged fan leaf.
I would worry about the amount of N the plant is getting right now.

If you can, I would add some Calcium only for a couple weeks. Let that extra Nitro work it's way out. @Growings reminded me that you should use the dry version like crushed shell. It can be bought in feed stores for chickens. This will add the calcium slower every time you water.

Not sure why there is so much N in the micros?
Try halving G/B and just 1-2ml M until the plant looks a little less bloated
Since nute needs are balanced, and excess can appear as a deficiency as it may lock out another element
So to combat this you can either add more of what's being locked out or simply reduce the amount of nutes being given
I tend towards the lat
Makes sense, I will lessen the nutes load for a while. Maybe see how she does. Seems to be the census. I thought she could keep taking more as she progressed but maybe I need to go about slower?
I would just back the plant off a bit for now.
If you change too many things too fast you'll end up chasing your tail. I see a few blemishes on one of the oldest and lowest fan leaves while the rest look good. I wouldn't try to correct for an aged fan leaf.
I would worry about the amount of N the plant is getting right now.

Cal def shows up on the top of the plant and mag def shows low. I don't see any other indications of mag def right now.
So you feel that it's in no major harm at the moment? Not even the curled tips? That is the issue that I thought was most prevalent. I agree the large fan leaf isn't something crazy to worry about. Just wanted to be on-top of it.

If you can, I would add some Calcium only for a couple weeks. Let that extra Nitro work it's way out. @Growings reminded me that you should use the dry version like crushed shell. It can be bought in feed stores for chickens. This will add the calcium slower every time you water.
Is it possible to give too much calcium in this way? Or will it naturally take what it needs? Like if I was also feeding her nutes at the same time? Or should I just cut out the calcium nutes? (Not sure which they are)

By adding the dry, if there is a lock out, they will add slow enough that it will level out. Unless you are in Coco, that soil is saturated with nutes and will be fine with just water for a bit.

Makes sense, I will lessen the nutes load for a while. Maybe see how she does. Seems to be the census. I thought she could keep taking more as she progressed but maybe I need to go about slower?

So you feel that it's in no major harm at the moment? Not even the curled tips? That is the issue that I thought was most prevalent. I agree the large fan leaf isn't something crazy to worry about. Just wanted to be on-top of it.
Feed your plant at the correct dose for the stage of growth.
Follow the companies feed schedule PDF.
She just has a bit of N tox. Looks really nice otherwise. You may get a few burned tips from overfeeding but that's not a huge deal. If there is any progression beyond just the tips being burned you'll have to reassess.

I bought this before I found out about the crushed shell.

Mag-I-Cal01.jpg
Mag-I-Cal02.jpg

This would be fine too. Oh yes this product does raise PH so be careful.

Only add a liming agent after it is proven that you need it by doing a slurry test.

I wouldn't change your soil pH over an overfeeding issue.

Only add a liming agent after it is proven that you need it by doing a slurry test.

I wouldn't change your soil pH over an overfeeding issue.
That is why I suggested the shells.

That is why I suggested the shells.
Do build your soils Morda?
Eggshells take a very long time to break down. The grower is using a salt bases nutrient system and not a built or super soil that has time to compost. They can easily correct using a cal-mag product but it doesn't appear that one is currently needed.

This is a overfed plant. No calcium def that I see.

Do build your soils Morda?
Eggshells take a very long time to break down. The grower is using a salt bases nutrient system and not a built or super soil that has time to compost. They can easily correct using a cal-mag product but it doesn't appear that one is currently needed.

This is a overfed plant. No calcium def that I see.

Yes I do, however I'm not talking egg shells, I don't use them because of the years they take to really work. This is clam shell ground up really fine and yes releases slow, not as slow as egg shells. Look at the spots on the last image that is where I see the start of Cal issues. I agree it is over feed. What I'm suggesting will not add to the over feeding and is away to keep calcuim in the soil. As he waters it and flushes out the nitro it will need that calcium. The nute he is saying is a cal mag replacement has 5 nitro and he should not use that atm. The only thing I disagree with is that I do some cal issues. I agree that I don't see a mag issue so only cal is needed and a slow method would be best at this time.

Edit: This is what I'm referencing...
calissue.jpg

Not sure why you would want to change the pH of an already built soil or soiless mix.... especially without doing a slurry test.
The pH should have been set at the manufacturing facility prior to purchase.

The issue with calcium is that an excess can very easily be confused with lockout. Both present similarly but the excess also shows some potassium,iron and mag def issues too. The tipped leaf serrations are a typical sign of K def.

I would try to make sure before adding more Cal.
I think that correcting the feed amount is the first step. Go from there.

Not sure why you would want to change the pH of an already built soil or soiless mix.... especially without doing a slurry test.
The pH should have been set at the manufacturing facility prior to purchase.

The issue with calcium is that an excess can very easily be confused with lockout. Both present similarly but the excess also shows some potassium,iron and mag def issues too. The tipped leaf serrations are a typical sign of K def.

I would try to make sure before adding more Cal.
I think that correcting the feed amount is the first step. Go from there.

Reference

"As calcite dissolves in the presence of acid, the byproducts are other soluble salts (like gypsum, calcium chloride, etc.), water, and carbon dioxide gas (or CO2). All the acid is consumed in that reaction and the pH of the soil (or the measure of the presence of acid) remains unchanged. In fact, for every 1% calcite by weight in the top foot of a quarter-acre lot, there is about 10,000 lbs. of calcite! All of that calcite would have to be dissolved before any excess acid would build up and the pH of the soil decrease. So, how much acid would it take to do that, you ask? Given the chemistry involved, it would take approximately an equal amount of pure sulfuric acid just to dissolve that calcite, but remember, most Utah soils don’t just have 1% calcite, they may have 15, 20…40 times or more than that!"

If you are adding things like the product I show above or liqifid Cal then yes it would up the PH level very fast compaired to the ground shells that would not have much overall PH affect.

Good Morning Everyone! I haven't updated my thread in over a month so I thought I would show how she is doing. As well as I have a question about the tips of my buds!
Here are a couple pics of my girl that underwent the accidental 'uncle Ben topping' she was flipped to 12/12 on Sept 2, so I was thinking she must be getting close. Trics are milky now, just don't see any Amber's yet. I will get an up close pic of them soon.

PXL_20211031_003525760.jpg

PXL_20211031_003501023.jpg

Can anyone help me as to why I have the white tips to my colas? And only the largest and closest to the light? They are pretty close to the light, roughly 6-8inches..I couldnt stop her from growing :( still not crazy hot as my hand does not get hot. Or is this normal? Lol
PXL_20211031_003542039.jpg

PXL_20211031_003538783.jpg

PXL_20211031_003451802.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help! :yummy:

PXL_20211031_003525760.jpg

Back
Top Bottom