so im curious why GDP is called that..and it isnt purple?

Nikolaos

I trust who i get my stuff from and was told this is GDP and boy its def the most fruity buds ive had in a looong time but no purple? i dont get it lol

GDP125.jpg
GDP57.jpg

GDP aka Granddaddy Purple is one of the most Controversial strains on earth imho.

Here's some Myth/Legend/Truth.
The original strain is said to be by breeder Ken Estes in the bay area several years ago. For years it was a clone only strain and Ken did not allow any seeds or males to escape his hands.
This made many people come up with 'knock off' strains and calling anything that showed some form of purple Granddaddy purple, GDP, Grandpa Purp, etc,etc.
Recently (a few years back) Ken started selling the seeds in regular 10 packs through various suppliers. Not sure if he sells feminized or not yet. He did change the name somewhat to Grand Daddy Purp to separate his original strain from all the imitators.

As for showing purple- Pretty much all 'purple' plants are a certain phenotype + conditions that brings out the purple. In some strains colder temperatures bring out purple. Sometimes your just lucky and get a strong phenotype thats gonna turn purple no matter what you do.
But if you look at some of ColaMonster's GDP grows, they usually are a beautiful shade of green.

GDP aka Granddaddy Purple is one of the most Controversial strains on earth imho.

Here's some Myth/Legend/Truth.
The original strain is said to be by breeder Ken Estes in the bay area several years ago. For years it was a clone only strain and Ken did not allow any seeds or males to escape his hands.
This made many people come up with 'knock off' strains and calling anything that showed some form of purple Granddaddy purple, GDP, Grandpa Purp, etc,etc.
Recently (a few years back) Ken started selling the seeds in regular 10 packs through various suppliers. Not sure if he sells feminized or not yet. He did change the name somewhat to Grand Daddy Purp to separate his original strain from all the imitators.

As for showing purple- Pretty much all 'purple' plants are a certain phenotype + conditions that brings out the purple. In some strains colder temperatures bring out purple. Sometimes your just lucky and get a strong phenotype thats gonna turn purple no matter what you do.
But if you look at some of ColaMonster's GDP grows, they usually are a beautiful shade of green.

so you dont hink what i have is GDP? i looked it up on leafly and the smells and taste it has just not that color. idk

It very much could be GDP and not be purple. But if you are wondering if its the original Ken Estes Grand Daddy Purp the odds are not it your favor. But that doesn't really mean anything.

GDP is one of my all time favorite strains and I'm hoping it is the real deal. Mostly cause I like people getting some really good Meds. :)

It very much could be GDP and not be purple. But if you are wondering if its the original Ken Estes Grand Daddy Purp the odds are not it your favor. But that doesn't really mean anything.

GDP is one of my all time favorite strains and I'm hoping it is the real deal. Mostly cause I like people getting some really good Meds. :)

i really think it is normally what they say it is ..it is lol..i just never seen any like this, but ur reply answers that question so ty

Back
Top Bottom