Soil indoors problem - Help request

A ph higher than 7 in a semi soilless media will lock out Potassium, copper and iron. Long term lockout combined with those low temperatures will kill the plant. Your soil sounds more hydroponic and less like a compost based soil. I would aim for a runoff ph of 5.6-5.9 with sphagnum/peat mixes

The peat was a gardening bag with 15-5-10 NPK and the 30% reused soil is also "live"soil.
27-23C are not low temps, actually the other plants which are enduring 4 to 16C are doing well (smallish but thriving)

I will start monitoring the PH every watering.

I also used another clone and repotted in organic gardening soil and put it in my terrarium to see if it improves (diff conditions, diff soil... if this clone also wilts them the plant is sick, if it thrives the ph test on the others might shed more light.

I looked at buying the soil test kit but the delivery to EU is overkill and sadly not available in the local stores here... Will see if i can get something similar here.

they look like over watered also , i would switch back to veg and get them healthy again
They are in Veg, the mother just left space in the flower room so they moved there but are still on a 18/6 schedule.

Will let them dry a little in anycase now have to deal with the slight gnat infection.

i dont want to freak you clean ouit , but are you suer your not seeing winged root aphids , i have the problem right now , my plants slowed right down showed signs of being starved i never thouight then checked a couple of seeds i planted as they where taken too long to sprout and hey presto fucking root aphids

i would check the roots mate to be safe hope not

this is a picture of the seeds tap root , wasnt even 3 cm longs look at the feckers

P1090873.JPG

i dont want to freak you clean ouit , but are you suer your not seeing winged root aphids , i have the problem right now , my plants slowed right down showed signs of being starved i never thouight then checked a couple of seeds i planted as they where taken too long to sprout and hey presto fucking root aphids

i would check the roots mate to be safe hope not

this is a picture of the seeds tap root , wasnt even 3 cm longs look at the feckers

P1090873.JPG

Everyone's got them. I'm buying stock in mosquito dunk. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

lol , im culling today starting hydro and a cleaner set up , horrible fucking things and hard to get rid of .

It hurts :D those damn aphids (I have a small army of ladybugs but they are in hibernation ATM.)

But no, they are fungus gnats and there isn't even a lot of them
3 things work very well for those winged things:

Neem oil on the leaves and a little on the soil. + 1/4 strength of H peroxide at 3%
The neem kills the adults while the peroxide destroys the larvae.

Ladybugs = they are ferocious also if you have a vermicomposter look if you happen to have small creatures moving very fast... those are predatory aphids they can clean a plant in less than 1 day.

SM90 = magic liquid that sadly is not available in my place.

I am not sure the BT attacks winged aphids but would not be surprised if it killed the larvae.

Just anacdotically: I had a ficus with a bad case of white moth larvae.
Caterpillars everywhere all sizes ranging from a few mm to several cm.... lots of leaves glued together in cocoons, the ficus was very sad...

Took one leave which was housing about 20 2mm caterpillars, sprayed with neem oil and put under the microscope... it is like watching a gore action movie... the caterpillars stated wrigling in all directions and you could actually see their body dissolving slowly, after about 5 minutes all that was left from the caterpillars was the hard beak and the skull... I must find the pictures...

Ladybugs are the best. For fungus gnats you can use mosquito dunk if drying out the soil doesn't get rid of them.
420-magazine-mobile2121376120.jpg

Or if you want to go organic and pay $36. Earth Juice makes "Go Gnats"
420-magazine-mobile1497460305.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sadly in EU most of those things are banned and very difficult to find, amazon ships them but the price goes nuts...

For example for neem oil you have to buy a cosmetics version 100% oil, the "cosmetic" makes it incredibly expensive
BT (most of those mosquito dunks and others) = Forbidden by law

Just to say that it is forbidden to sell commercially poison ivy juice as is classified as pesticide...

So I hunt for ladybugs in springtime, made a terrarium and house them and let them be if i have any pest i just release some larvae in the soil and let them do the job.

I have discovered here what is to be a hippy going to the woods to harvest poison ivy, hunting for earth worms for the composter etc... There are only a few specialized garden stores that carry the stuff you have there but at prohibitive prices so had to find alternatives :D

anyway, thanks for the advice I will try and see if it improves, only time can tell.

If there are other ideas i'm all ears!

Back
Top Bottom