Louisno1

I have been reading about so many different soils can,t tell with one is better.I use fox farms does any one now if this is a good soil or does someone know a better one.my plants seem to do well with a little fertilizer added every other watering.

:welcome: to :420: Louisno1. You've found the most complete and active cannabis cultivation site on the internet. The depth and breadth of knowledge here is astounding and can be overwhelming. If I can help you find something, or offer advice, please feel free to ask any time. Not only me but many others. We all want you to succeed. I am not a soil grower but I'm sure one will be along shortly to give you a hand. Again :welcome:
--
Rifleman

Hi and welcome to :420: you should find all you need around these parts and if you don't give us a shout and I'll do all I can to help.
You have posted this in the wrong place, the mods may move or delete it but ill answer as I'm here.

Many people use fox farms on this site with good results, I have no experience with it. I use biobizz allmix with good results. If your ladies are doing well then why change it?. You should consider a grow journal.
Hope this helps

Welcome to :420: Louisno1
I grow with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, I have not tried their happy frog mix yet but have been happy with what I have used.
Your welcome to check out my grow, linked at the bottom of my post to see what kind of results I am having with it.
Nice to see another dirt digger amongst the group:thumb:

welcome to the forums.. There are many posts and very helpful people here so dont be afraid to ask.. Even if u think its a simple easy question..I will be using FFOF mixed with perlite, vermiculite, sand, promix, coco coir and starter growing soil to make the mix not so hot in nutes.. But everyone has their own ways and mixes.. Experiment and see what suits your needs best.

I use fox farm happy frog when I do soil... but that is less than 1/3 of the mix.

A good soil can not be found in a bag. Only decent soil can be found in a bag.

Do some research on "Supper soil". It is fairly easy to make a great blend.

I add all sorts of fancy pants stuff but that is for people who have grown for a while. To begin with you want it very aerated. You also want lots of organic material in there to "catch" the nutes. If you dump in Chemical nutes and there is no organic material to latch onto it just goes out the drain holes.

So the base I start with is 1/3 Perlite, 1/3 Precomposted steer manure, and 1/3 Froggy blend.

Stay away from Miracle grow. It has time released fertilizers that basically will be "hot" through the entire grow. So you wont be able to control Nutrient concentrations.

There is a long list of other things people will add but until you have some experience you may be shooting yourself in the foot going too complicated.

It is better to brew a good tea to supplement.
Tea Bag your DWC

I got this on a popcorn bud from my last tea. But it was way too strong. Maybe I just told you too much...That was in a DWC.

Sap.JPG

Thanks all you guys for the information on fox farms soil.I have been a grower for over 30 years I always do ok.when I started there wasn't,t all the information that there is now.I will never be to old to learn more.were I live you have to keep what you do a secret and I pray it will change soon

I've seen lots of people use fox farm happy frog soil/compost over the years here at :420: with many growers having fine results.

The only comment i'm aware of is that happy frog is a little bit to hot for seedlings or very young plants which may cause nutrient burn & may be best to use a soil/compost more suitable for seedlings i'm sure fox farms has a suitable product tho.

Ya I live in Fl. The good old boys run this State.I am from Maine lived here about 10 years.10 years to long the State of Maine has pretty good laws now and my friends all kind of rub it in.I am a Christian and what I see in the bible God gave us this herb for our use.I think Christains need some education on this herb.

Sunshine mix #1 for seedlings and clones (when i'm not out lol) otherwise Sunshine mix #4 is my personal favorite. I've used several brands. The Fox farms stuff was ok and I've seen good results, but I did have some issues with hard panning.

and yeah, these people are addicting lol. such a great place! :love:

It is better to brew a good tea to supplement.
Tea Bag your DWC

I got this on a popcorn bud from my last tea. But it was way too strong. Maybe I just told you too much...That was in a DWC.

Sap.JPG
Howdy Villiageidiot from another fellow Oregonian,
When I first read your post and saw the picture of your popcorn bud I was like... wow that is impressive. Then I started to wonder, I have a plant growing in my tent, day 33 since I flipped them, and I thought to myself, I wonder how my popcorn bud would compare to one that has all the bells and whistles since I am keeping my grow fairly basic. To be honest with you, I do not see that much difference from yours to mine, other then your pic is under white light and I was to lazy to turn of my LEDs.
DSC_051910.jpg

Personally I think it is just Oregon :circle-of-love:

yeah that pic I only took because I had never seen sap oooooooozing out of weed before. I did a real strong Chitosan tea (plus other stuff) and I had sap everywhere.

I will say however...that was from seed I breed probably around '96 or maybe even older. Some from that run were from before '94. This was not fancy seeds from Holland. This is probably Skunk #1 crossed with NL from back before any of the madness. So I suspect that you probably have a leg up on me with some real good genetics.

Yes I sprouted 20 year old seeds.

It has to be an Oregon thing...its in the water here.

The trichs are no big deallio...the ball of sap is what I was trying to point out. People do stuff like funny lighting things and swapping to different bulbs to get high resin count for edibles. If you corner the guys in the grow store and they trust you and will talk straight with you the pros doing large grows don't do any of that crap. I get superior resin for a few dollars. 1 bottle of just the chitosan part of that tea from AN costs like $80. For about $40 I have more material than I can use up making it myself. I mean I seriously in 5 years wouldn't be able to use up all the stuff I got for next to nuthin. Well there are a few components that are expensive but you should have a bottle of enzyme around anyway.

yeah that pic I only took because I had never seen sap oooooooozing out of weed before. I did a real strong Chitosan tea (plus other stuff) and I had sap everywhere.

I will say however...that was from seed I breed probably around '96 or maybe even older. Some from that run were from before '94. This was not fancy seeds from Holland. This is probably Skunk #1 crossed with NL from back before any of the madness. So I suspect that you probably have a leg up on me with some real good genetics.

Yes I sprouted 20 year old seeds.

It has to be an Oregon thing...its in the water here.
Cool cool, I get the whole genetic part though, back in the 70's and 80's seeing that many trichomes on a bud was a rare site. It is to bad they did not have digital cameras back in those days, would have been cool to compare the crap I grew back then to the stuff I am now. Even my best grow which was down in Denver back in like 82 we got some nice colas but nothing like the buds I see these days.
I will be checking out the tea you were referring to and possibly give it a go, I am always open to better ways to grow. And as for the market up of this stuff,,, yikes your not kidding, if you can make it yourself, the savings are HUGE.

in the DWC area there is a bunch on this. I write a long diatribe with directions and pictures about 8 months back and a few months later another guy did it but without pics. If you look up tea bagging your DWC you will find his. Mine is one of the top threads there right now because no one is posting there anymore. It is the one on Bennies. I was explaining it to this guy then decided I would go try out making my own because buying it gets old. Now I have no idea what to do with all the extra ingredients. It really doesn't take much at all.

If you are in the PDX area there is a grow store on the east side on Division that gives away their home brew for free on Wednesdays. Good peeps there but that place can get busy. I mean it is in the heart of that side of town.

Actually it wasn't my thread I was just the idiot who answered it over about 4 pages...
Introducing Benes to my DWC for the first time

Back
Top Bottom