Solar power idea

tommyb88

dont no if this has already been done or you can already buy them or if its even possible, iv had a quick look on internet and cant find any but i was thinking is there a way of setting up fans to a solar panel so they get power from the grow lights to save on electricity, what dya all think any thoughts and opinions

i dont even no what made me think of it to be honest, just came into my head but theres got to be something in it or some way of doing it if it hasnt already been done before, would prob cost a bit at first to set up but would save in the long run

could do with finding some1 who nos a bit about it.
i supposse you havnt even got to have the panels in your tent if your running a lower wattage bulb and it dosnt create a lot of energy to run things through the panel , you could just put it in a window that gets plenty of sun and have the cables running into the tent

way to think out of the grow box....youre on a good trail, check out amazon for solar fans and read thru ,,,,some couldnt push bodygas but at around $75 and up there are some great roof vents, attic exausts, some pole fans, all the way down to clip ons, all solar,but some temp controlled... i like a 5" desk size.....like all else everyones lab is different .....having a long cord is key though.(from the cell panel to the unit)......then theres alibabadotcom when you go big,....shipping container shopping for some of the coolest solarkits anywhere!

i have learned so much from all this sight offers....i'ts like interactive p.b.s.

Just buy some small panels and see what you can run off of them. If you run a 600w or 1000w hps, it will probably power up nicely.

My future goal is to get a few large solar panels on my ruff and run my lights, heater, and anything else in the grow room off of them. Free power is awesome.

Large Solar panels have come way down in price.

For $1600 you can get 10 100w solar panels, so 1000w total power. That would pay for itself in like a year and a half.

You can slowly build up, buying 1 100w panel at a time. Keep adding to the system until your power bill is gone.

Thanks for the heads up on the $1600 solar panels. Does that include the batteries etc?. Which company should I be calling please.

Thanks
Mississippi

I'm using a 15w solar panel from harbor freight and one 12v osculating auto fan. I am going to add one more fan I think, only 12$ each at Walmart.

Check out the Surplus Shed.com they have all kinds of stuff. I thought of setting up a water wheel in my creek behind my house using a power converter from my old camper to convert 12v to 120v,some thind to think of.

You just got to love Zoning laws that keep people from using free energy. Then that same people that make some of the laws huge trees. Oh and the law here where I live you cannot collect rain water and re use. Soon I bet if you take more then one dump a day they will charge you a nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen, methane fee.

Oh and the law here where I live you cannot collect rain water and re use.

A few years ago Colorado did pass a law allowing anyone with a private well to collect and reuse rain water. But it's still technically illegal for the majority of use to collect and reuse rainwater due to all of the water rights dating back well over 100 years ago.

I'm using a 15w solar panel from harbor freight and one 12v osculating auto fan. I am going to add one more fan I think, only 12$ each at Walmart.

Update:
I ordered the 2nd fan and am waiting for it. I got a dry battery and a controller, but now the auto fans are too powerful. Had to step the power down to 6v to slow them down so less juice consumed. Also I'm considering buying a 45 watt kit and running two wireless security cams also. Low power draw item also.

Back
Top Bottom