Some help needed please

scotslad

can someone plz help me out i have put some money into starting my own plant i bought a grow tent 60cm by 60cm by 140cm and a 400w H/L light is this enough light for this and how many plants can i gro with this ...thanks

Re: some help needed plz...

Its more than enough, thats like 100w per square foot.

I hope you have very good ventilation as it will get very hot 'n' toasty in their for your plants... like big heat issues

May i suggest an air cooled reflector ! Either that or 250w HPS will be fine.

You can grow any where between 1 & 4 plants in a tent that size, this also depends on plant size... bushy ones take up more space.

Re: some help needed plz...

yea like fuzzy duck sed your gona suffer heat problems in a small space like that with a 400watt light and all depends on the type of system u try i suggest looking up topping and FIM techiques or even LST such as bending becoz u havent got alot of headroom look up SOG hempy bucket style 12/12 straight from clone or seed to keep headroom to a minimum

So would one be better using in a space of60cm x 60 cm x 140cm i mean which would be better in terms of heat? CFL's/ LED/ T5 or 250Mh. Also if it helps i have a extractor fan @550cfm carbon filter @175 Cfm and a Cooltube what was used on a 600 HPS ballast(not sure how low on HPS watts i can go with it??) Any help would be greatly appreaciated

So would one be better using in a space of60cm x 60 cm x 140cm i mean which would be better in terms of heat? CFL's/ LED/ T5 or 250Mh. Also if it helps i have a extractor fan @550cfm carbon filter @175 Cfm and a Cooltube what was used on a 600 HPS ballast(not sure how low on HPS watts i can go with it??) Any help would be greatly appreaciated

In a tent of 60cm by 60cm by 140cm.

Once you factor in width/lenght of air cooled reflector/reducers/ducting its going to be near impossible to squeeze it all in their, at a push a cool tube may work due to shorter length...

Check measurements of reflectors/ducting all added together & ya have an idea how much room you need for it all.

Choice of light depends on purpose of tent, if you looking keeping mother plant in their a T5 or 125w 6400k CFL will be fine & an extractor fan (175cfm) would be an added bonus for taming the heat beastie... & air circulation.

For vegging 125w cfl is fine in a tent that size from my own experience, even tho space does get a tad tight after 6 to 8 weeks of veg depending on training style.
An extractor fan would also be off bonus.

4 plants in 60cm by 60cm tent under a 125w cfl 6400k aprox 6 weeks of veg with minor LST training.
002855.JPG

If thinking of HPS/MH 150w to 250w should be fine but suitable ventilation/extractor fan will be required.

Thanx m8 i did'nt realise they sold a 125 hps/mh ballast kit as i will be vegging and then flowering straight after each other and the 125hps sounds the best as of spring/summer coming in the u.k.
So will/do 4 plants effect your yeild outcome or would going with less plants grow more as i ask because 12 mmj in 1m2 was WAY to much yeh? So would one then have to veg longer as i was thinking of vegging for like 2wks and flowering is @8-9wks, can i expect a decent yeild? Also my Atami Wilma is 60cm but would be a very tight fit and it could work! but i am itching to try my DWC bubbler and i gather if i was going with the 1 plant in a DWC bubbler i'd be losing a lot of waisted space? So obviously i'd have to veg for longer true! how long do you recommend me to veg to gain a decent yeild to last for the next 8-12 wks lol. :thanks: :peace:

I was at Jerry's ( home supply store ) and they sell light bulbs MH/HPS as low as 35 watts up to 150 watts plus the ballast for it. I beleave they are used for sercurity lights outside your shop or homeThey are worth looking into. I use CFL's for veg while Im waiting on another light and ballast. CFL's work great I like them but them little MH/HPS caught my eye though.
I run a 1000 watter and it puts off some heat I would be in deep do do if I didnt have my inline and charcol filter plus 4 osalating fans just to keep it around 70's in there. And its an 8x8x8 ft room. One 1000 watter gets it that hot plus I got a umbrella style hood which I love would not change a thing just ad to.

Back
Top Bottom