Some Old Guy's Soil Grows

Some little pics of the 'fim' the lower branches are filling in the middle and reaching out for the sides.
20201018_090620.jpg

All the growth (not veg) is going great and there's a couple pistols here and there but..
20201018_090716.jpg

This is my 'fim' cut site, and I'm pretty sure its another set of leaves getting ready to come out. Fingers crossed.
I have to be ready on my baggie seed plants, they're probably photos and I had to check my darkness to make sure nothing is to bright like maybe this bug killer light
20201017_210610.jpg

I will err on the side of caution and remove it from the room. I dont know if its UV or what but I'm almost sure it's not a good thing. It zaps the F out of fungus gnats and flies.
My LST is blowing/stretching up with flower sites, and I think it might look more like a peacock than a spiral in the end, but every branch is popping out flower sites and it's all pulled down after stretching from watering the other day.
20201018_073149.jpg

@InTheShed yes the harvest cure can ruin the flavor and it takes time which most are not convinced of or to impatient to give a F. I have another thank you, this time this LST is working right and it's easy to see how the top has got to be down for the other stuff to get up, it works.

Had a thought about RH in my grow. We're switching on the central heat now and this room has a vent that delivers heated air to it. I have watched the RH take a downward trend into the low 40s and even at 40% I brought it up easily enough with just a wet towel hanging on my fan. But, the air is just sucking up the moisture and its barely above 50%. I can see that my pots are getting lite quicker, I weigh them every day, and giving them just a drink on the top isnt lasting either, its dry in an hour. I came up with this
20201019_061543.jpg

I had new sponge so I cut in half, rinsed it and then saturated it put on that plastic lid and put it on top of my light.
20201019_111937.jpg

57% in just a few hours from 38% at lights on. That's pretty good right? Rising humidity with the lights on? The sponge holds about a cup of water and doesn't have a plug looking for a rare socket to run another electrical device ffs lol
Yes I'm careful about any wetness (phrasing) before I put it on top.
Do. Not. Do. This. With. HID. Lights. I wouldn't breathe on a cmh/hps bulb while it was on let alone put something like this around them while they're on, it isnt worth the risk.
The size of my TS600's, and the surface area available were ideal for this experiment, yeah when you write sh!t down it becomes an experiment lol or a record of failure amirite? ;)

It was a little less, 55% and it drops each time the heat comes on. I have the heat set at 69, the lowest my wife will let me set it lol
I will try the towel trick as I already have the fans goin.
Thanks @ChronicTrees, I only use the compost manure and a brand name gardening soil that "shant be named" ;) that has the "little balls". The mix has been working for decades. Outdoors on photos its amazing but it doesn't last so I always recharged with a lower K fertilizer towards the end, sometimes just regular compost. Inside, this times different with these autos. I was using extra water soluable every other watering just a few ounces and an equal amount of water but the leaf tips burned so I cut it back to once a week and the tips evened out.
Once flowering kicked off in full I quit using that miracle stuff at all and went to FF Tiger Bloom, a calmag deficiency showed up about 3 weeks later and dogged the rest of my grow. You know how hard it is to catch that back up without over doing it and locking it up? I added extra mag in the soil when I mixed it up. I'm also using a recipe for calmag supplement with eggshells and epsom salt, an oz of that mixture each week.
I understand a lot of the pushback on the MG, it doesn't have the right mix for blooming nutes and I have seen better results here from the MC and other lines of nutrients and additives. I'm moving in that direction further along the line.

This morning was nice, I'm not getting much stretch but I'm keeping it low
20201020_123552.jpg

Lower..
20201020_123416.jpg

The top of the lighter is the level of the soil and that is the top of the plant. If this stretch ever gets in gear all the inner lower nodes will be easier to work with but I keep pulling the ends down. Its working nice. I have all but one node from the bottom exposed and climbing.
Do you even bend bro?

Had a thought about RH in my grow. We're switching on the central heat now and this room has a vent that delivers heated air to it. I have watched the RH take a downward trend into the low 40s and even at 40% I brought it up easily enough with just a wet towel hanging on my fan. But, the air is just sucking up the moisture and its barely above 50%. I can see that my pots are getting lite quicker, I weigh them every day, and giving them just a drink on the top isnt lasting either, its dry in an hour. I came up with this
20201019_061543.jpg

I had new sponge so I cut in half, rinsed it and then saturated it put on that plastic lid and put it on top of my light.
20201019_111937.jpg

57% in just a few hours from 38% at lights on. That's pretty good right? Rising humidity with the lights on? The sponge holds about a cup of water and doesn't have a plug looking for a rare socket to run another electrical device ffs lol
Do. Not. Do. This. With. HID. Lights. I wouldn't breathe on a cmh/hps bulb while it was on let alone put something like this around them while they're on, it isnt worth the risk.
The size of my TS600's, and the surface area available were ideal for this experiment, yeah when you write sh!t down it becomes an experiment lol or a record of failure amirite? ;)
[/QUOTE I refer to a record of failure as valid scientific inquiry ;)
20201019_061543.jpg

20201019_111937.jpg

i refer to " a record of failure" as valid scientific inquiry ;)
been keeping my mystery bagseed plant low down too, sat a stone in the center for a couple days to force lower branches back towards other side of planter, hung a toy train off a paper clip to do the deed for a week while it all got caught up. will tie down all growth once,then veg for clones. yellow pole bean for nitrogen fixing, an experiment... we will see.
After
20201020_134210.jpg
before
20201018_130948.jpg
thought id share hopefully thats cool w you. all apologies if not.

Saved your post w your recipe looks great. im a wimp about heating the herb to high lol so going have to buck up a little next harvest. (hello fellow brain injury person )

Attachments

• 20201018_140936.jpg
    20201018_140936.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
I've never met a picanick basket I didn't like booboo! ;)
You and anyone else here are most welcome to comment and post pictures on here. I only ask for no blurple lights lol GG

You mentioned white widow not helping at night, any chance you could score some pure old school indica seeds? I mean WW is a staple, but like you said it's more of an anytime sativa smoke.
Maybe some classic Afghan or hindu kush could help you stay in bed? Mrs cough lives in chronic pain between a back injury and recovering from cardiac surgery and rotates between northern lights and Afghani at bedtime.

also, great looking grow! Awesome job training the girls
Thanks man! Do you recommend a supplier for those indicas? My Bruce Banner autos above (from crop king) have some indica I think. I have Gelato auto beans but no room to pop them yet and they were 0-7 germinating the first time..long story but I've adapted. Hoping those bag seeds pay off with crossed fingers. If I can get a good mother out of them, my clone game gon turn on.

Sure there's lots of sources online including sponsors. I've made my last few orders on strainly.com which is more like an online flea market for seeds LOL but at least all i needed was paypal to purchase them. Still not down for using bitcoin for beans

I was having some humidity problems, was. I borrowed a friends advice and made a DIY swamp cooler to bring it up from 40% to 55% at 77F constant. @InTheShed for the Win. I put some extra baking soda into the water to keep the risk of "That which shant be named" low.

Yes, I figured alkaline was better than acidic to keep that mold risk on the towel lower.
I had a shock awhile ago, my Solo cup has Skywalker OG bag seed growing and its
20201021_090141.jpg

A Girl!
I couldn't believe it, its barely as tall as the cup. Kismet is not always a friend, I was hoping one of the others in the big pots would show first.

My LST is lurching after saturation. I thank @Emilya for her hard work over years proving it out.
20201022_085700.jpg

My soil gauge is finding that water table and as soon it goes from wet to moist 9-10 down to 5ish I weigh the pot. After i finished i had barely a pint of runoff and the pot weighed almost 8 pounds more.
20201022_090318.jpg

The 'FIM' is getting saturation today, its behind the LST (lettuce lol) plant by a day, go figure. This fim has really picked up growth but I have to keep up with it not letting one branch get to much higher than the rest. The branches will soon reach out past the sides of the pot. This things already showing pistols at almost every leaf and it's real stiff (phrasing) except right at the tips. I love having these little girls to take care of like this. Isnt it so much more satisfying having them close by and not worrying about Chinooks buzzing the landscape? LOL

Back
Top Bottom