Some things for the Suggestion Box

Green Utopia

Hi all-

The site is great. I have a few small suggestions, however.

1. - Photos - Its definitely appropriate to limit file size, but given the cool new browser for looking at images, and the fact images are resized on a page anyways, can we remove the image size restrictions? Not file size but dimensions. ie. a 3000x2000 pixel image that's only 700k seems fine now.

2 - The background. We need a darker background option. For those of us with a large monitor, when looking at the pages now - its like staring into a white light. Its very hard to look at images, let alone read comfortably.

3 - Private Messages - it would be nice above a certain number of posts, if we could use the cc functions of pm. There have been a few times I would like to send something to all my friends.

4 - I am not sure, but I think there are some pop-up windows I'm not seeing. I'm running Firefox on a Mac, and I think the frame, layer or spacing tags are not quite right. For example, when I want to give reputation, the popup appears at the same vert spacing but is horizontally very far to the right from the action. Like I have to contentiously avoid any other rollover if I want to get the mouse into the comment field to add rep. I have never seen a logout window. And occasionally stuff pops up outside my right border, that I only briefly see.

5 - The smiles. Is there any way to keep them in the same order? Or make it so we can either pick our own favs or assign some to our journal. Also, the "More" window always opens very small and under everything else for me. I have to resize it every time I need to use it. Basically adding smiles is something the guidelines suggest but the current functionality actually discourages their use.

6 - Batch Upload of images. Can we make it so that Upload all images from a URL works with folder paths. There could be a limit of say 10 pics per batch or something. But it would be very nice to be able to select a folder from our hard drive instead of having to upload each image.

7 - Can we see who edited and when? I know this is just a matter of a check box in options. Please provide a little more transparency and accountability to the edits. I often see technical discussions of things like amperage and wattage where a zero is left off a calculation. Then fixed. But its very hard to spot these changes.

8 - Templates. Can we take advantage of personalized templates to view the pages?

All in all a great site. Fantastic content!

:thanks::peace:

#1 and #6 would be very nice. also i dont know what happen but we use to be able to edit or post whenever, but now we have a day then we cant edit or post. its nice to do it whenever because you can go to the 1st page of ur journal and load up the harvest pics for someone dosent have to go threw all the pages to find the pics.

all in all this site kicks A$$:goodjob:

#9 Can ads be "localized"?

Meaning, if i don't/can't trust commerce places beyond my country's border because of the customs then foreing ads will never accomplish anything for me: they're just a reminder of what i don't have at home...

Back
Top Bottom