SOS from the east coast!

masterkush420

hey hows it going everyone?! So heres the lowdown... i got my hands on some medicinal seed from out west and started me a grow room....ive successfully harvested three lemon haze crops without any issues but recently got ahold of some mk ultra seeds so i decided to build a seperate room for them... one room is 3 ft x 4ft with two mk ultra plants about 2ft tall.. the other room is 4ft x 8ft with around 15 lemon haze plants around a foot tall... a few days ago i started noticing the leaves getting brown spots on the tops of them and they started drying out and turning yellow in both rooms.. i have yet to see any spider mites of any kind and i have looked at them a thousand times it seems like... i fear thats whats wrong tho... i have read that a solution of rubbing alcohol, water and liquid soap is supposed to kill them and their eggs if applied properly and adequately....im afraid to spray them though without knowing thats what my problem is.. i have looked on the undersides of the leaves and i dont see any black or red dots or any indication of mites other than the leaves turning yellow and brown spots on the top of the leaves....never had this problem before and am quite puzzled to say the least...as for lighting there are two 400 watt lights above the kush plants, one being a hps and one a metal halide along with grow lights all the way around them.....the lemon haze has three, 400 watt lights above them which two are hps and one metal halide in the middle..they also have grow lights mounted to the walls around them... as for planting medium i have ALWAYS used miracle gro potting soil with 3 months of nutrients in it and have had great success.. they seem to like the dirt pretty good and i average around an ounce and a half to two ounces per plant with them being around 3 ft tall when they are finished...ive been doing the SOG method and have liked the outcome, but i am stumped at whats wrong with these plants.. they are in limbo as well it seems like.. they arent geting any bigger but they dont appear to be getting worse at this point at least.....i would apreciate any and all help with this and i can post pics if it would help..just let me know thanks so much!!!! keep on rollin'! ;)

i was talking with a good buddy of mine and fellow grower and of course he's seen the gardens, he seems to think its a ph issue.. which does bring up something... the last grow, the miracle gro had only enough nutrients for 3 months and what i used this time was enough for 6 months... would it be possible that the ph levels are different between the two? i have the hydrated lime to mix with warm water so i mixed some up and watered them with it... hopefully i see signs of improvement over the following days...anybody with some info i would be glad to hear it! oh and im uploading photos now!

it looks bushy because it was topped thre different times! :D

HPIM1144.JPG

Here it is from the
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Phosphorus (P) Mobile Element and Macro Element

Benefit: Phosphorus does a lot of things for the plant. One of the most important parts of Phosphorus is: It aids in root growth and influences the vigour of the plant and is
one of the most important elements in flowering as well helps to germinate seedlings.
Phosphorus is an essential plant nutrient, and since it is needed in large amounts, it is classified as a macronutrient. Phosphorus is a MAJOR important nutrient in the plants reproductive stages. Without this element the plants will have a lot of problems blooming without proper levels of Phosphorus.

When your plants are deficient in phosphorus, this can overall reduce the size of your plants. Not enough causes slow growth and causes the plant to become weak, to little amount of Phosphorus causes slow growths in leaves that may or may not drop off. The edges all around the leaves or half of the leaves can be brownish and work its way inwards a bit causing the part of the leaves to curl up in the air a bit. Fan leaves will show dark greenish/purplish and yellowish tones along with a dullish blue colour to them. Sometimes the stems can be red, along with red petioles that can happen when having a Phosphorus deficiency. This isn’t a sure sure sign of you having one though, but can be a sign. Some strains just show the red petioles and stems from its genes.
So pretty much the overall dark green colour with a purple, red, or blue tint to the fan leaves is a good sign of a Phosphorus deficiency. Having Cold weather (below 50F/10C) can make phosphorous absorption very troublesome for plants.
Many people get a Phosphorus deficiency confused with a fungus problem because the ends of the leaves look like a fungus problem, But the damage occurs at the end of the leaves. side of the leaves and has a glass like feeling to it as if it had a ph problem. Parts affected by a phosphorus deficiency are: Older Leaves, Whole plant, Petioles.

Too much Phosphorus levels affect plant growth by suppressing the uptake of: Iron, potassium and Zinc, potentially causing deficiency symptoms of these nutrients to occur def in plants. A Zinc deficiency is most common under excessive phosphorus conditions,
As well as causing other nutrients to have absorption troubles like zinc and copper. Phosphorus fluctuates when concentrated and combined with calcium

Problems with Phosphorus being locked out by PH troubles
Cold wet soils, acid or very alkaline soils, compacted soil.

Soil

Phosphorus gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.0-5.5
Phosphorus is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-7.5 (wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Phosphorus gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.5.
Phosphorus is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 5.8. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Phosphorus deficiency
Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn't be tolerated. Any chemical or organic fertilizers that have Phosphorus in them will fix a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have a phosphorus deficiency you should use any N-P-K ratio that is over 5.Again Peters all purpose 20-20-20 is a good mix. Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other forms of phosphorus supplements are: Bone meal, which is gradual absorption, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where bone/blood meal is slow acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Fruit eating bat guano, which is fast absorption, Worm castings, which is gradual absorption, Fish meal, which is medium absorption, Soft Rock Phosphate, which is medium absorption, Jamaican or Indonesian Guano, which is fast absorption. Crabshell, which is slow absorption. Tiger Bloom , which is fast absorption.

Here is a list of things to help fix a Phosphrous Deficiency.

Chemical

Advanced nutrients Bloom (0-5-4)
Vita Bloom (0-7-5)
BC Bloom (1.1-4.4-7)
GH Flora Bloom (0-5-4)
GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14)
GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7)
Dyna-Gro Bloom (3-12-6)
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)
Awsome Blossums

Organic

Dr. Hornby's Iguana Juice Bloom (4-3-6)
Advanced Nutrients Mother Earth Bloom (.5-1.5-2)
Fox Farm Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
Pure Blend Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Buddswell (0-7-0)
Sea Island Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0)
Indonesian Bat Guano (0-13-0)
Rainbow Mix Bloom (1-9-2)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
BIO BLOOM (2-6-3.5)
AGE OLD BLOOM (5-10-5)
ALASKA MORBLOOM (0-10-10)
METANATURALS ORGANIC BLOOM (1-5-5)

Any of these will cure your phosphorus deficiency. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new growth will appear normal.

Now if you added to much chemical ferts and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Note: Blood Meal, Dried Blood, Guanos, Kelp Meal, Cotton Seed Meal, Peat Moss,
Sulfur and fish meal are all acidic and can bring your ph down, so if you add these please monitor your ph when using those.

Note: Bone Meal, Rock Phosphate, Wood Ashes pretty much all ashes, Shellfish Compost and Crab Meal are all alkaline and can make your ph go up, so if you add any of these please monitor your ph.

hey guys thanks for the replies... i have been using miracle gro soil with 3 month supply of nutrients.. never had a problem... i have some bone meal so i guess i need to add some and see how it goes? they arent doing an thing still.. they act like they are in limbo... nad it really sickens me because i just acquired them mk ultra seeds.. it breaks my heart to look at them... :(

Miracrap Grow doesn't have enough ready nutes for many strains. Trust me, dose em with some quality nutes and watch the difference.

We have a sponsor here that sells top notch nutes at a VERY reasonable price, Blue Planet Nutrients, and there is a discount for 420 Mag members...Check his website out in my signature, and tell em GT sent ya!!!

yeah what gt said!

Back
Top Bottom