SOS leaves are wilting

blobfish

Guys, Need serious help. Wasn't informed beforehand and electricity was apparently out on Friday evening and the plant started receiving the light again on Sunday evening, around 48 hrs after. It is in THIS condition and getting worse every day. I have no idea what might have caused this. Other plants are doing just fine. No wilting, nothing that might indicate towards any kinda stress, but this one is just giving up. I watered them well two days before the electricity was out, gave them 10.10.10 organic fertilizer, the very same amount I do give all the time. Please help.. if anyone can.. some tips, what should I do, or should I do nothing and just give up on it. It was in excellent condition, just excellent. Was going to switch to flowering at the end of this month. Cheers. Thanks in advance

42926842_341545233061302_5825676138302668800_n.jpg42933407_2282580585311799_5898158959872704512_n.jpg43040903_1040612786146970_1135401577092218880_n.jpg43044243_165323841045355_4359930080806305792_n.jpg43055759_486248471856506_5404221885288284160_n.jpg

Even in soil a pH of 7 is too high unless you have a basic beneficial bacteria in there to balance it. Many people fail to follow the basic watering regimen and cause pH problems even with propper water just due to over watering.

Yours actually looks slightly more complicated. It may be out of balance pH, which in soil you have to measure run off to tell. But even then, that measurement is faulty for many reasons which are obvious to some.

Maybe it is another stress problem.

1: What is the Relative Humidiry where these are growing?
2: What is the peak temps you are seeing?
3: What kind of lights and how far away are they?
4: What's the ventivaltion like?
5: what's the air circulation like?

Even in soil a pH of 7 is too high unless you have a basic beneficial bacteria in there to balance it. Many people fail to follow the basic watering regimen and cause pH problems even with propper water just due to over watering.

Yours actually looks slightly more complicated. It may be out of balance pH, which in soil you have to measure run off to tell. But even then, that measurement is faulty for many reasons which are obvious to some.

Maybe it is another stress problem.

1: What is the Relative Humidiry where these are growing?
2: What is the peak temps you are seeing?
3: What kind of lights and how far away are they?
4: What's the ventivaltion like?
5: what's the air circulation like?

I understand that the lights out doesn't cause this, that is the main reason I posted to ask for various views from all of you.

1. Rel. Hum. between 48-52%
2. Peak temp. 29-30°C
3. 400W MH, 25 cm-ish away
4. Intake and outtake, 200 cubic metres of air in and out in one hour
5. Same as four. The system is linked to each other

The pH is fine. Not growing for the first time, with the same type of water. Other have turned out great in the past.

Looks dried out
So just spitballing here...

If you gave a plant a nutrient solution with a high amount of solids just prior to depriving it of photosynthetic activity, then the sugar levels inside of the plant would drop. Instead of sugar-laden water, the water inside the plant would be closer and closer to just pure H20. Meanwhile, the water in the root zone would still have a high level of solids.

That's important because of reverse osmosis. The pressure gradient at the roots which controls the flow of reverse osmosis is influenced by the levels of solids in the water inside and outside of the roots. Water with lots of solids is called "salty" in this context. Water without lots of solids is not salty. What happens when two bodies of water are separated by a gradient with reverse osmosis, is that the water will flow from the area that's less "salty" to the area that is more "salty".

SO in this context, if the plants had been deprived of their sugar content, and thus had less solids in the water content in the roots, then being saturated in a very salty nutrient solution would actually be sucking the moisture out of the plant. Instead of the plant roots sucking moisture up from the root zone, the root zone could be sucking the plant dry, or at least limiting the plants ability to get moisture.

The lack of photosynthesis for a long period of time had to have SOME effect, and since the plant can't produce its own sugars without it I'd say that's pretty significant. That's basically one of the most major sources of energy for the plant, and without that it's not even going to be able to do the growing it needs NPK and etc. for. That will only compound the problem since the very solids impeding reverse osmosis, will then not be needed and so will by default by there in over-abundance.

So just spitballing here...

If you gave a plant a nutrient solution with a high amount of solids just prior to depriving it of photosynthetic activity, then the sugar levels inside of the plant would drop. Instead of sugar-laden water, the water inside the plant would be closer and closer to just pure H20. Meanwhile, the water in the root zone would still have a high level of solids.

That's important because of reverse osmosis. The pressure gradient at the roots which controls the flow of reverse osmosis is influenced by the levels of solids in the water inside and outside of the roots. Water with lots of solids is called "salty" in this context. Water without lots of solids is not salty. What happens when two bodies of water are separated by a gradient with reverse osmosis, is that the water will flow from the area that's less "salty" to the area that is more "salty".

SO in this context, if the plants had been deprived of their sugar content, and thus had less solids in the water content in the roots, then being saturated in a very salty nutrient solution would actually be sucking the moisture out of the plant. Instead of the plant roots sucking moisture up from the root zone, the root zone could be sucking the plant dry, or at least limiting the plants ability to get moisture.

The lack of photosynthesis for a long period of time had to have SOME effect, and since the plant can't produce its own sugars without it I'd say that's pretty significant. That's basically one of the most major sources of energy for the plant, and without that it's not even going to be able to do the growing it needs NPK and etc. for. That will only compound the problem since the very solids impeding reverse osmosis, will then not be needed and so will by default by there in over-abundance.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I agree with you. All of the scenarios I went through in my hear this seems to be the closest to, why this might be happening. Depriving of a light source hit and hit hard when the plant was about to start all the processing inside and outside of it cells and tubes. The question remains though. How do I fix it, if I can do so at all..

Flushing down with lower than neutral pH water and giving very low nutrient concussion seems the easiest task to start with, but I am not sure, at this point, if it will do anything at all or just worsen the situation completely. What would you be willing to do in my situation, for example ? Thank you in advance.

Hey sorry I forgot to reply yesterday.

I would probably try flushing the pot so the roots were in less salty solution. I would use just plain water.

Did flush it with fresh water and am waiting if it will survive or not. Thanks for you time. Cheers.

Unfortunately this and the other plant completely died. Literally wilted and dried out in 2 days. The second one followed this one quickly.

Thankfully I had two other, younger, strains growing, which has not been affected by the light deprivation and they are standing strong and going forward hard.

Back
Top Bottom