Southern Grow

zoodub

Hey,

I have been lurking here and reading everything everywhere, and have posted in a few other forums.

A question not many have been really been able to answer:

I live in a coastal enviroment in Southeastern USA. The climate is HOT and very humid during growing season. The relative humidity can reach 90% in July and August while the rest of the season is in the 78%-89% range. Often times it makes the heat index from 100 to 110 degress. Temperatures actually vary from 75- 98 degrees during the grow season.

Is it possible to grow outdoor WHITE WIDOW in these conditions?

If not what strain would grow here outdoors?

I can tend to these plants everyday. They are also near water. Lots of sun, but also shade is there if needed.

Thanks

weed will be able to grow their very easily. as long as you dont see freezing temps, cannabis will grow. ive heard its actually better if youve got high humidity if the temps are hot.
only problem i could see happening is bud rot with such high humidity.
good luck with your grow

I actually found some white widow that has brazillian genetics, which would grow outdoors best in my climate.

Also a 75% sativa, dutch dragon.

Yeah it'll be a few months though.

when are you starting your grow? Im a first time grower in the same situation, humid south. Ive been getting my supplies little by little, but the seeds are the last on my list to get. I just need to know if I should hurry up on the seed selection

when are you starting your grow? Im a first time grower in the same situation, humid south. Ive been getting my supplies little by little, but the seeds are the last on my list to get. I just need to know if I should hurry up on the seed selection

growers will start after the last frost has come through their area. depending on how far south you are it could be mid march to early april. a safe date to start is 4/20 and youll feel cool planting weed on green day

I've been growing outdoor in The Big Easy for many years now. The heat and humidity can occasionally cause mold issues, but I've only seen it rarely and it's easy to resolve.
The real killer is the storms. Be sure you include your plant's protection in your evacuation plan. Don't forget... you may not see them for a few days... and if it's longer than a few days, you're going to have much bigger issues.... you know.... like finding someplace to live.

Cheers... and good luck.

I've been growing outdoor in The Big Easy for many years now. The heat and humidity can occasionally cause mold issues, but I've only seen it rarely and it's easy to resolve.
The real killer is the storms. Be sure you include your plant's protection in your evacuation plan. Don't forget... you may not see them for a few days... and if it's longer than a few days, you're going to have much bigger issues.... you know.... like finding someplace to live.

Cheers... and good luck.
I agree with you! in same area:)

Hey,

I have been lurking here and reading everything everywhere, and have posted in a few other forums.

A question not many have been really been able to answer:

I live in a coastal enviroment in Southeastern USA. The climate is HOT and very humid during growing season. The relative humidity can reach 90% in July and August while the rest of the season is in the 78%-89% range. Often times it makes the heat index from 100 to 110 degress. Temperatures actually vary from 75- 98 degrees during the grow season.

Is it possible to grow outdoor WHITE WIDOW in these conditions?

If not what strain would grow here outdoors?

I can tend to these plants everyday. They are also near water. Lots of sun, but also shade is there if needed.

Thanks
I'm going to tell you I live in Central Florida and maybe autos with Fare well in the winter here but they did not like the summer every single auto that I planted was stunted. The heat and the humidity here in the summertime is just too much. You need exceptional drainage fabric pots and you better be taking man of the rain everyday which is hard here . I would think since winter is our dry season and the temperature is dropped to the 70s and 80s it would probably be perfect except for the fact that you're losing a lot of daylight. However July was when I had started photos and I have some gorgeous monsters for my first real outdoor harvest. End of oct for indica strain and Dec for sativa. In October the night started to cool down to 70 and the buds just exploded. Using pH tap water, foxfarm ocean Forest til depleted.. Dr Earth flower girl top dress, and if you haven't picked up real growers recharge yet I highly recommend it as well as Beastie bloomz. DixieDankFLA

Back
Top Bottom