Special requirements for indoor

I started my first indoor grow and bought my first tent (2’3”x 2’3”). Is there anything specific to indoor that doesn’t apply to outdoor? For example, Calmag; I see that most indoor grows become deficient in both, where outdoors I have only dealt with mag deficiencies. I am getting ready to make an order, hopefully my last for awhile. I plan to run photos, after a first run with 3 orange s. autos.

Today is day 5. Is there anything else I should have on hand that I wouldn’t need for outdoor? How much Calmag should I have on hand? How should I use to stay ahead of the game? I appreciate the help!

Thanks

Hi,Stinker!
A lot depends on your water- with RO water, you may need cal mag, but straight tap water(or well water) usually has enough minerals in it that you won't get a cal or a mag deficiency.
I use rain water when it's available (I'm in California, so it's not, most of the time) and I need to add cal mag when I use it for my plants.

Hi,Stinker!
A lot depends on your water- with RO water, you may need cal mag, but straight tap water(or well water) usually has enough minerals in it that you won't get a cal or a mag deficiency.
I use rain water when it's available (I'm in California, so it's not, most of the time) and I need to add cal mag when I use it for my plants.
We are on well water, a deep alps aquifer . It tests neutral. My outdoor love it.
I grew up in So.Ca. SFV. I don't miss it, loved it growing up.
Thanks for the feedback.
Hi,Stinker!
We are on well water, a deep alps aquifer. It tests ph neutral. My outdoor love it.
I grew up in So.Ca. SFV. I don't miss it, loved it growing up.
Thanks for the feedback.

I started my first indoor grow and bought my first tent (2’3”x 2’3”). Is there anything specific to indoor that doesn’t apply to outdoor? For example, Calmag; I see that most indoor grows become deficient in both, where outdoors I have only dealt with mag deficiencies. I am getting ready to make an order, hopefully my last for awhile. I plan to run photos, after a first run with 3 orange s. autos.

Today is day 5. Is there anything else I should have on hand that I wouldn’t need for outdoor? How much Calmag should I have on hand? How should I use to stay ahead of the game? I appreciate the help!

Thanks
I grow indoors quite successfully in my opinion. I don't use a tent personally but many do though.
I grow in soil, fox farms ocean forest is my preferred mix rite out of the bag no additives.

I germinate my seeds like a 3rd grader does lima beans in a wet paper towel wrapped in aluminum foil in the sunny window, takes a day or 3 to sprout a tail and be put in dirt.
I don't start with nutrients till they are established and ask for them with leaf spots or similar signs.
I use a 3 gallon container to finish mine in, they start in standard red solo cups usually and once they get some size they move to the 3 gallon containers to finish in.

Your biggest issue indoor is light, pure and simple.
Weak under powered you will pay in slow small plants that won't grow well.
Check out my grow journal in my signature to see how my plants look.

Back
Top Bottom