Spider mites

Re: AGHHHH Spider mites

Neem Oil is very inexpensive and works very well, not to mention all the other infestations it prevents whill treating your current issues. Its like $10 at a hydro shop

Re: AGHHHH Spider mites

I have found a pretty successful way to deal with the little spider mite monsters........ you need to start treating your little girls a very young age like when they show their third sets of leaves ......... since implementing this program I have not had an infestation of spider mites in over two years.. here goes..... first I mix 1 oz of CHI with gallon H2O and adjust PH to 5.5 ......... then mix 1 oz of MAXICROP to a gallon of H2O adjust ph to 6.3 now you have two gallons of the best tools to fight off spider mites and here is what you do with the two different solutions...... start spraying your girls with the PH adjusted CHI every morning or every other evening for for a week...... then switch to the MAXICROP PH adjusted solution ......... start spraying your girls every other day morning or evening with the MAXICROP SOLUTION..... neither of these solutions are toxic and are ORGANIC and not insecticides....... THEY WORK as a preventative solution..... what these two solutions do is buildup the cell structure of the plant and will help in making your girls leaves to tough for the spider mites to do their damage....... THIS REALLY WORKS...... and for you veggie gardners you can use 1 oz of MAXIGROW and 1 OZ of Molasses mixed together to keep spider mites off your tomatoe plants in your veggie garden........ Learned this in a Master Gardners class i took some years back HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU AS MUCH AS IT HAS HELPED ME WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrCloner420

Norman thanks for the neem oil suggestion.

BWC in the "i've got spider mites" thread you said be careful with straight neem oil. How did you use it? (amount/schedule?) MedicalMarijuana always posts quality informative threads.

Cloner what is CHI? With the CHI and Maxicrop do you alternate weeks between the two or just use the CHI the 1st week and the Maxicrop until harvest? More details on schedule please. The Maxicrop is seaweed right? Are you using the liquid or powder in your mixture?

Thanks guys

I use 1tsp of straight neem oil mixed with 1qt of water and 1tsp dish soap to emulsify the neem oil. Give it a little shaking to mix and spray your plants liberally. Some spray weekly... I spray every 2 weeks (ish).

NEVER use Neem under hot lights or sun. Neem is an oil and will form little lenses on your leaves. Burns 'em right up. Apply Neem when your plants will not be under strong light for a while.

Neem takes time to kick in. It's not a topical treatment. It gets into the plants system and screws with the reproductive cycles of many beasties.

Neem will make your plant taste like crap. Be sure to stop application a few weeks before harvest.

I find it quite effective. Guards against a broad range of critters.

Cheers!

CHI is a GENERAL HYDRO product that contains chitosan salts a natural occurring polymer found in many fungi and insects also has nitrogen and potassium BEEN USEING IT FOR SOME TIME WITH MUCH SUCCESS......... As far as the MAXICROP yes it is seaweed and I use the liquid ....... as far as the schedule i spray for one week with the chi.......... REDUCE strength if you are growing under BRIGHT DRY ENVIROMENTS ALSO IF YOU ADD A WETTING AGENT IT WILL HELP A GREAT DEAL SOMETHING LIKE COCO WET OR JUST A HALF TEASPOON DISH SOAP.... no need to adjust if you are veggin under cfls.. then switch to the MAXICROP solution and spray for a week..... you should be able to stop spraying when you start your flowering........ DO NOT SPRAY WHEN you are in your BUD STAGE will promote moldy buds :( Need any additional help drop me a line good luck and stay safe
mr cloner

So Cloner you alternate weeks between chi and maxicrop every week until flowering starts? Does it effect your yeilds at all?

Yes alternate.....one week chi ........... one week maxicrop...... i have found that it is better to mix the chi in small batches since it losses its punch after 24/36 hrs....... but i will mix 1 oz maxicrop in a gallon of r/o h2O... and then adjust the ph accordingly

thx
Mr Cloner

Ya Tead I was referring to the neem oil. Should i just keep the mite infestation down by just misting with water because i dont want mites in my buds. Any suggestions will help. Thanks

Nunya,

The maxicrop and chi booth are products that will increase yield ........ the chi will improve crop yield,resistance to stress and those damn little spider mites it contains both nitrogen/potash/ potassium and chitosan a natural occuring polymer that helps in building cells........the maxicrop is ascophyllum nodosum seaweed the finest seaweed gown anywhere in the world........ it's the best old lady nature has to offer.

MrCloner420

Thanks for all the advice guys. Deffinitely gonna check out the chi and maxicrop for my next batch so thanks cloner. For now I'm going to check out some of the other methods you guys suggested. I appreciate you taking the time to break it all down for me.

Another thing that I've heard works great from a very knowledgable and dependable source is "safer insecticidal soap". It's all natural and kills pests while not harming other things like lady bugs and praying mantises and it's only about $5 a bottle and you don't have to go to a specialty story to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom