Spider Mites

CajunCelt

In the 90's, we used neem oil & alcohol spray. Never worked great & if plants were close to harvesting...you were screwed.
I have a good grow with 4 huge plants & lots of clones & all are flowering. Clones have about 10 days to go.
All have major spider mite infestation. I've used the SNS stuff by the sponsors. Didn't work. The majority just bathed in it.
I've some Krypto Mite I'm using now that was free.
Anyone use something that will 100% kill with plants close to harvest.

Whats the RH of the grow room ?

We used to crank up the RH believing it negatively affects the bugs. It only slowed them down, but I'm trying anything so its about 75% right now.

Let us know how Kryptomite works, it's new on the market so curious what your results are.

I've always used a combo of neem and SNS with great success. It needs to be used routinely though, not when you see problems.

Not great.

should neem be applied as preventive maintenance and if so at what age of plant should it be applied

Neem is nice for preventative maintenance. Only use it in veg or in early flower before buds really began to form. Once you got actual buds do not use neem or it can ruin the taste/ ruin trichs. Use it once every 5-9 days.

Here is some information that may prove useful..... I have found it helpful and yes rosemary based products do work when properly applied... I made my own formula with rosemary oil, Dr Bronner's 18 in 1 hemp peppermint pure castille soap, and water. mix together and spray till plants are dripping wet(don't forget the undersides!) repeat every two days... This can be used in flower, however I would stop using at least two weeks before harvest.. if you have used this in the earlier stages you should be bug free by then... I am going to start growing rosemary along side my plants in order to keep them away in the future... DEATH TO THE TWO SPOTTED BASTARDS!!!!!!!!

:Namaste:

I have not tried the products listed in these pages... I just made my own formula. :)

Efficacy and persistence of rosemary oil as a... [J Econ Entomol. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

Back
Top Bottom