Spider Mites

I second the Neem Oil being a choice. I use it while the plants are vegetating. Once they are in flower I switch over to Nuk Em which is considered to be organic.

Walking through several of the local hydro or grow shops I have noticed many choices of mite or insect controls and most of them are considered organic in one way or another. Most of them seem to have one or more ingredient that is made from plant oils.

@BemBies, if you have found some mites it is a sign that you have to jump on it to get those critters under control. It is possible to kill each and every one of them but it is not easy. A few of them always seem to be hiding and do not get killed by anything you might spray. I suggest a lot of research and look for ways to schedule your spraying in a way that not only kills as many as possible but also breaks the cycle.

Have a great day.

Miterid, one drop of dishwashing liquid, lukewarm water in a sprayer, hit once every 3 days 3times to break breeding cycle.
Using neem or miterid which is neem oil and liminoids in flower is not a great idea as it taints buds but in veg, go nuts, smash those lil bastards...
Best luck.

I second the Neem Oil being a choice. I use it while the plants are vegetating. Once they are in flower I switch over to Nuk Em which is considered to be organic.

Walking through several of the local hydro or grow shops I have noticed many choices of mite or insect controls and most of them are considered organic in one way or another. Most of them seem to have one or more ingredient that is made from plant oils.

@BemBies, if you have found some mites it is a sign that you have to jump on it to get those critters under control. It is possible to kill each and every one of them but it is not easy. A few of them always seem to be hiding and do not get killed by anything you might spray. I suggest a lot of research and look for ways to schedule your spraying in a way that not only kills as many as possible but also breaks the cycle.

Have a great day.
Well it seems I have thrips too. This is my first time growing. Not as easy as I thought.

"Azadirachtin, a major component of neem oil, is rapidly broken down. Microbes and light break down the pesticide in soil, water and on plants. The half-life of azadirachtin in soil ranges from 3 - 44 days. In water, the half-life ranges from 48 minutes to 4 days. It also rapidly breaks down on plant leaves; the half-life if 1 - 2.5 days. The remaining components of neem oil are broken down by microbes in most soil and water environments."

If concerned about neem on flowers, wash it off with a mild dish soap mist, then rinse with sprayed RO water before harvest. I use neem as a maintenance tool. It prevents and kills insects and powdery mildew, which can be a problem in my greenhouse. Grasshoppers shrug it off, though.

I use predatory mites and Neem Oil. Southern Ag from Home Depot.
First round of 500 mixed mites, then after 2 weeks, Neem every other night for three weeks or so, then released another 500 mixed mites. They end up eating each other after they kill off the spider mites.
I haven’t seen any in weeks. I just released a batch of lady bugs too as a safety precaution.

"Azadirachtin, a major component of neem oil, is rapidly broken down. Microbes and light break down the pesticide in soil, water and on plants. The half-life of azadirachtin in soil ranges from 3 - 44 days. In water, the half-life ranges from 48 minutes to 4 days. It also rapidly breaks down on plant leaves; the half-life if 1 - 2.5 days. The remaining components of neem oil are broken down by microbes in most soil and water environments."

If concerned about neem on flowers, wash it off with a mild dish soap mist, then rinse with sprayed RO water before harvest. I use neem as a maintenance tool. It prevents and kills insects and powdery mildew, which can be a problem in my greenhouse. Grasshoppers shrug it off, though.
Thank you so much very informative. Have orders neem spray

Thank you so much very informative. Have orders neem spray
Be sure to spray the soil too. They tend to hide there sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom