MesialDrift

AK47 Auto
Three plants (only one affected)
Soil - Fox Farm Light Warrior
Lights: T5 (have HLG LED ready for go)
no nutes other than what was in soil
RH : 60-70%
temp: a little less than 80 with lights on

At first I thought it may be water burn (I use a spray bottle for watering) but it was only on one leaf. Now it seems to be spreading to other leaves? Any advice is welcome. This is my first grow.

Attachments

• E6DFD020-8669-4C0A-B623-015CA14CEAEC.jpeg
    E6DFD020-8669-4C0A-B623-015CA14CEAEC.jpeg
    813.4 KB · Views: 48
  • B710B881-699F-4841-B0B9-3749877D49CE.jpeg
    B710B881-699F-4841-B0B9-3749877D49CE.jpeg
    849.9 KB · Views: 39
:welcome: @MesialDrift is your foxfaram potting mix out of the bag or are you reusing the ff mix?
Did you mix the potting mix with anything else? like coco, additional perlite, peamoss?

foxfarm is a hot soil and needs to be mixed with something for the begining stages. She is showing minor toxcity. i think its phosphorus but not too sure. I'm not sure what you have access to but some promix hp, peatmoss and additional perlite would be good and then you can diger her out, wash off the soil on the roots and replant her into your new mixed soil.
Id say 60%promix hp, 30% foxfarm and 10% additonal perlite.
you can deffinitly change the precentage. Both your foxfarm and pm-hp has mycoryza which is good for the roots. However, the pm-hp has no mixed fertilizer and just mycoryza

you dont need to get all of it. just get promix hp and you'll be fine

foxfarm is a hot soil and needs to be mixed with something for the begining stages. She is showing minor toxcity. i think its phosphorus but not too sure. I'm not sure what you have access to but some promix hp, peatmoss and additional perlite would be good and then you can diger her out, wash off the soil on the roots and replant her into your new mixed soil.
Id say 60%promix hp, 30% foxfarm and 10% additonal perlite.
you can deffinitly change the precentage. Both your foxfarm and pm-hp has mycoryza which is good for the roots. However, the pm-hp has no mixed fertilizer and just mycoryza
How do you see a toxicity? Just curious....I see it Phosphorus deficient.

Reason I ask....I start my seedlings in straight FFOF and never had a problem with them, ever. I just wait a good 3 weeks before feeding.

To be honest.....they look starving as you can see the yellowing starting to set in and the bruising starting as well showing the P def. Feed your babies...

@BubbleBucketz i thought when the leaves go black it meant to much fert/nutri.
foxfarm is a hot potting mix. i guess it depends on the strain you are growing? if you know something that i don't than by all means, share the knowladge. I don't use foxfarm i just read allot of treads that they've mixed it with something else.

To be honest.....they look starving as you can see the yellowing starting to set in and the bruising starting as well showing the P def. Feed your babies...
That was my next thought but the lighting on first pic seems to be different since his second picture the leaves look nice and green.

@BubbleBucketz i thought when the leaves go black it meant to much fert/nutri.
foxfarm is a hot potting mix. i guess it depends on the strain you are growing? if you know something that i don't than by all means, share the knowladge. I don't use foxfarm i just read allot of treads that they've mixed it with something else.
I think the problem is the feed schedule....many start feeds in FFOF too early which then burns the plants. If you go 2-3 weeks with just water...good to go. I usually wait to see those yellowing cotyledons to start feed. When I transplant, i also stop feed that week sometimes 2 because of new fresh soil being used. Op said he hasnt fed yet...so that made me believe they are hungry.

You guys are on point. I showed the photos to the guy at the indoor growing store and when I told them they have been in the soil for three weeks he recommended I transplant and took me over to the promix HP soil. When I told him it was my first grow he then recommended going with Fox Farm Happy Frog. He said the Promix was more for experienced growers who are particular with their nutes, which I would need soon after transplanting. I thought Ocean Farm would be better since I’m going into five gallon fabric pots for my final grow but he thought that may be to hot for the autos. He seemed to know what he was doing so I came home with a big bag of happy frog.

I’m still not sure what the cause was but after transplanting to new soil and changing tents the plant is doing much better. I sprayed down the other tent afterwards with a disinfectant. If it was mildew or some other kind of parasite, I don’t want it to happen again.

Attachments

• CF220D16-E992-493E-B8BB-E9A87A05B070.jpeg
    CF220D16-E992-493E-B8BB-E9A87A05B070.jpeg
    906.6 KB · Views: 25
I had a very similar experience; I am currently on my first grow and started seeds peat pellets before moving to 5x5 pots with Happy Frog.

Out of the five plants, only one started showing, what I thought was a Potassium Deficiency. I Purchased a soil test kit and the P&K were depleted but nitrogen was very high and soil PH reads 6.5.

I absorbed all the comments and suggestions and decided to dim and raise the light a few inches and transplanted into 3Gallon pots with Happy Frog as well. The transplant was what they needed and the girls all look quite healthy.

I have barely fed my girls any nutes and have been very cautious about watering; they are just using up what is in the soil and will feed them properly soon.

Four plants will be taking Medi-One nite kit and the fifth one I will be experimenting with Gaia Green dry amendments.

Exactly what happened to me, they are doing just fine now that they are on the soil - I’ve definitely learned that starting soil (and any other hot soil) is only good for so long without transplanting or adding nutes.

I’m curious what you’ll discover with the Gaia Green :). I’ll subscribe to your journal if you don’t mind :)

Exactly what happened to me, they are doing just fine now that they are on the soil - I’ve definitely learned that starting soil (and any other hot soil) is only good for so long without transplanting or adding nutes.

I’m curious what you’ll discover with the Gaia Green :). I’ll subscribe to your journal if you don’t mind :)
Love to have you on-board and hopefully we’ll both have some nice smoke by the end of it all!
There is a garden store near where I live and they are going out of business; a lot of things 50-70% off including a huge selection of Gaia Green so I thought, why not (at this point I don’t know anything so why not try)!

Back
Top Bottom