Dark spots on tips of upper leaves

richdoh1

Let me describe where im at. Im in week 4 of Veg running a hydro setup. Room temp 70 Night/79 Day, Humidity 50-60%, PPM 900 (500 scale), ph between 5.9-6.1, water temp 69-70. Using 450w KIND LED light and 2 T5 on the side. On the upper leaves I am having dark spots on ghe tips, and some curling upward. Also A couple stems are weak but others are strong. Im using Lotus nutrients Grow and started Cal/Mag a week ago. The grow isnt really stunted as Im getting 1-2 inces of growth per day. This is my first grow. I thought it was maybe magnesium deficiency so why I started Cal/Mag but problem persists. I also treat 2-3 times a week with Green Cleaner.

20210411_182651.jpg

20210411_182606.jpg

20210411_182414.jpg

Wow, plants look fantastic!! Nicely done!

They don't really look hungry, so I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about what you are seeing unless it was starting to progress heavily/quickly

Potassium deficiency can cause weaker stems and burnt yellow tips that sometimes claw up, but I don't know if that's quite what we're seeing here.

The second post picture almost looks like sticky honeydew or something, which could potentially point to pest damage? But if that's necrotic rusty spots, then I might be inclined to think it's something to do with the roots. Are they maxing out their containers yet?

Im using a 16gal Superponics setup and there seems to be alot of space in there still. The roots do have kinda a discoloration to them but they arent twisted up, slimy or smelly in any way so I think its just nutrient stains on the roots.

I also treat 2-3 times a week with Green Cleaner

wetting the leaves all the time can cause calcium def , the plants when wet cant bring the calcium to the leaf tips , :thumb: calcium is semi mobile
Ok that may be a cause. I will bump it up with the Cal/mag. I have been spraying them 2-3times a week with water and a pesticide as I was seeing little flying bugs. Not sure what they were. I am also have a little redness in parts of the stems. Mostly on the top of the plant. Which I have read could be Magnesium deficiency.

flying bugs are probably fungus gnats and they are not very dangerous unless you see a lot of them. just put some yellow sticky traps and stop with pesticides and wetting your leaves, thats way better than adding more calcium imo. my 2 cents

How often should I flush the roots besides right at the end? And if so how long should I leave it in the setup. I have some Carboflush by Lotus Nutrients.

How often should I flush the roots besides right at the end? And if so how long should I leave it in the setup. I have some Carboflush by Lotus Nutrients.
Hydroponic you should be ph,ing to 5.8
Do you have the feed schedule for your nutrients? If so you should try and follow it and only flush when called for. I might add a little calmag see if that helps.

Hydroponic you should be ph,ing to 5.8
Do you have the feed schedule for your nutrients? If so you should try and follow it and only flush when called for. I might add a little calmag see if that helps.
Yeah Im sticking to the feeding schedule only Im using about 25%less and it only says to flush last 2 weeks of flowering. But I have read about flushing the roots more regularly to prevent salt buildup. So I was just trying to get some opinions. This being my first grow and all. Im a newb. Lol

Back
Top Bottom