Starter lights

530redeye

I am new here and going to grow for the first time outdoors. I am getting clones so what bulbs should I get to get the clones started? and how long of a 24hr period do they need to be under light?

Much of this is growers choice. Many different options 24/0, 18/6, 14/10, and even 12/5.5/1/5.5 (12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 just 1 hour to keep them from going into flower).

As for bulbs, you can use just about any type of lighting. I personally suggest T5 shop lights with 6500+K spectrum. However a MH or CFL's will work just as well. Just make sure you have around 35 watts per square foot or better. (some suggest double that if you are using CFL's)

Definitely get yourself an 8 lamp T-5 from Global Greenhouse Supply or any reputable grow lamp supplier such as your local Grow shop. this is only for seedlings and vegetative growth if used in Flowering you will lose out on weight. I use Hortilux Daylight Bubs throughout Flowering and have seen more Trichome production with them vs High Pressure Sodium bulbs but they cost $260. each.

I am buying some clones, start them indoors under light for a few weeks then put them in the ground, I got some 6500k lights for starters

Back
Top Bottom