Starting first grow - In need of help

TetraHC

Hey guys. Just here trying to get some input on my first grow. Ive done a little research and know a few things but could use some tips. Im only trying to grow 2-4 plants through veg/flower stage. (Not sure what that means but i do know its critical) Im hoping to have enough ventilation & room but you be the judge. Ill be growing in my room with the AC and venting out my window.

I have a few things on my list to buy to start out.

List includes the following:
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector series 300W LED full spec
MILLIARD Horticulture 3X3X7 Mylar Tent
YESCOM 6" 400CFM Inline Fan Air Blower & Carbon Filter

When it comes to pots and ferts im at a loss. But i want to worry about my plants home first. Feel free to share your opinion id like some input. Thanks guy, Happy growing!

Re: Starting first grow. In need of help.

Hey guys. Just here trying to get some input on my first grow. Ive done a little research and know a few things but could use some tips. Im only trying to grow 2-4 plants through veg/flower stage. (Not sure what that means but i do know its critical) Im hoping to have enough ventilation & room but you be the judge. Ill be growing in my room with the AC and venting out my window.

I have a few things on my list to buy to start out.

List includes the following:
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector series 300W LED full spec
MILLIARD Horticulture 3X3X7 Mylar Tent
YESCOM 6" 400CFM Inline Fan Air Blower & Carbon Filter

When it comes to pots and ferts im at a loss. But i want to worry about my plants home first. Feel free to share your opinion id like some input. Thanks guy, Happy growing!
Everything sounds good. I've got 3 bubba Kush vegging in a 3x3 tent now on day 32 so space (as Blood said), is always an issue. Don't stem train them if you don't want them to get too wide. I couldn't resist trying it ;) . 4 may be too many for that light, maybe a second? Vegging basically means the period of time that your plant needs (under 18/6) to grow and mature enough to get it to flower , at which point you can flip your lights over to 12/12 or continue vegging your plant to get it wider. I used the majority of my vegging time to get used to my plants, their likes/dislikes & train them as wide as I wanted. I am about 15 days away from flipping my plants over to 12/12.

You won't need to vent out of your room if you're using a 6 inch carbon filter, you should just be able to vent right back into the unless temperature in your room is an issue?

I started with rapid rooter for my sprouted seeds, then on to red beer cups with holes cut in the bottom and uppotted to my 4 gallons at about day 14-15. I used an air pot, but that's all prefence, ensure it has drainage holes and a tray. I used PROMIX HP as my medium and it's been fantastic to work with.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, fire away!

Thank you for that helpful feedback. 1-3 plants is what i was looking for to start out anyway. But More on that carbon filter, are you saying i wouldnt need ducting going out my window if i have the carbon filter? It wont stink up my house?

Also i was going to get some clones rather than seeds for my first grow. Can they go directly from there cup to the (Fabric) pot?

Thank you for that helpful feedback. 1-3 plants is what i was looking for to start out anyway. But More on that carbon filter, are you saying i wouldnt need ducting going out my window if i have the carbon filter? It wont stink up my house?

Also i was going to get some clones rather than seeds for my first grow. Can they go directly from there cup to the (Fabric) pot?
Exactly. The idea behind the charcoal filter is to scrub the air before releasing it back into the room. The fan will heat up that air slightly, so if heat is an issue.....out the window is fine, but otherwise, no it won't smell.

I was thinking about going with a 5 gallon. But i have the option to buy a 3 gallon as well. What do you think? I will probabky just be doing one plant for my first grow.

If you were going with one plant then I would go with a five gallon. If I were doing 3 or more plants then I would definitely go with 3 gallons.....you'll see, it becomes a space issue.

Okay. Hey man i appreciate your advice,Very helpful. Ill get everythinf purchased & post some photos! Stay tuned.

Get the basics, then purchase what you need as you go along. Amazon is apparently an amazing source, but if you have a local hydroponics store they will likely put a package deal together for you.

I'll be along for the grow..... ask tons of questions , if I don't know the answer likely somebody will chime in!

Hey man you say you use PROMIX HP fert. But when i went to search it on Amazom there was so many differemt types. Any advice?

I have a good friend who helped me start my first grow. He told me (take this with a grain of salt), that the only soil I should consider using is the PROMIX HP. He said this because it is actually soil less lol. It's (on average), about 30% perlite and the rest is peat. This makes the soil neutral or not "hot". Hot meaning like a FFOF soil, or miracle grow which already has varying levels of nutrients in it. The PROMIX HP has none of that. That being said, I needed to add nutrients (nutes)again my levels. I use the DNF or Dutch nutrient formula and it's been great. So far I've only used the "GRO" potion of the set but I have the "Bloom" ready to go. A manufacturer 's feeding schedule should always be available online and I thoroughly recommend sticking to it to prevent nutrient lock out from fertilizing too much. Use the chart and if your girls seem dry before the next week, then water only. I feed each of mine 2 L/ feeding and only feed anything when my pots are light. The PROMIX HP does come with Mycorrhizae (also known as mycos) which helps with root development, so I do add a little extra (a pinch)when I water as it's not a fertilizer, moreso a soil additive. I do the same with CalMag (also known as dolomite or dolomite lime), as my "soil" has none of that either. The dolomite will help bring up those levels of a very beneficial set of minerals (again not fertilizer) up to the sweet spot. This will prevent you ever having to ask "why are my leaf tips yellow"? That's it....stay away from hot soils. I thoroughly recommend the PROMIX HP (a big white bundle is like $30) its enough for my 4 -4 gallon pails and a little left over. Don't bother to the buy the "organic", or any other type.....it's not as advertised. Hope this helps......!

Back
Top Bottom