Sticky Situation - looking for advice

bubblekarma

First of all, let me say that I dont smoke very much. Its only on very rare occasion with friends.

With that said, on to my story: I am a supervisor at my place of work, and one of my good friends works in the same place, and we both started at the same time. I am above this person at work, although I am not their direct supervisor. I recently hung out with this person and they broke out some green. I took a hit or 2 and we kicked it. Its cool because whatever happens off work hours is our own business. However, during our sesh this person tells me that they smoke on the job. I really wish this information was not shared with me. Now I have a burden on my shoulders. This person is a good friend, but our workplace has a strict no tolerance for in-the-workplace drug use, and in my position I am required to report it or risk losing my job if I dont. If I do, then this person loses their job, and possibility gets mad at me and shares that I smoke too, I get tested, and we both end up losing our jobs. Not to mention losing a good friend. Dont really know what to do here. Any ideas?

Stop partaking for awhile and, talk to him about safety issues/ whatever about being stoned at work. If he continues to be stupid after you have had a chat w/ him do what you must for safety and your job. He has been warned and you are clean if more issues come up due to his stupidity.

If he really is a good friend he will take your advice.....

Just my 2cents.....

WillyB

Back
Top Bottom