still in veg 18-6

sandsman1

i ve never done a controled grow so 2 q's they are still in veg will they show sex on 18-6 or do i have to go 12 12 to to force it, and if i do can i go back to veg and keep 1 or 2 for moms to clone thats realy what im tryin for this first grow its red haired skunk and i dont remember when i planted them prob 3 or 4 weeks since they poped the one pot with 3 in it is unknow freebies from the joint i bought the skunk from so have no idea any help will be great thanks all

spgarden008.jpg

spgarden007.jpg

spgarden006.jpg

Very nice plants! and yes to force the sex you will have to put it on 12/12 and i also believe you can veg again for putting them back to 18/6 so yes and yes lol good luck with the grow! ill stay posted

No you don't have to go 12/12 for the plant to show sex. Eventually they will show you what they are. You might be able to see the sex right now even. i have 3 week old plants from seed right now that I have sexed and they are on a 20/4 schedual. You can force them to show early by going 12/12 but it's not neccessary. And yes you can revert back to veg cycle from 12/12 if you desire.

thanks guys very much for the info im gonna give them another week maybe two and see if i can get close enuff to see what they are if that dont work ill go 12/12 till they show me -- they where growing so nice in veg i didnt wanna mess with them --but in the last pic you can see i had a light fall and try and cook two of them but they are hearty and comming back nice

No you don't have to go 12/12 for the plant to show sex. Eventually they will show you what they are.

Just one of the benefits of letting your plants mature before switching the lights lol.

Sandsman1, if you will be taking cuttings for clones later, why not take one from each plant now? You could grow them in the same room and just remove them to a (pitch) dark area for 6 more hours of darkness each day or you could rig up a separate area just for sexing clones. If you did not intend to grow them out, you could get by with limited area and light.

I'm still working on a way to separate a part of my cramped space to keep a nice healthy mom vegging i really don't have much room where I'm at-- but where theres a will theres a way haha, if you seen what i had to do to get that goin you would laugh you butt off haha

Growing in soil like that... It'd be a pain but you can always put a mother in there while the lights are on and then pull it out each day before the lights go off. It would help of course if you ran your lights at night so you could take advantage of ambient lighting for the mom when it's not in the GR but even a small CFL shining on it will keep a plant from flowering (unless it is an AF).

Actually, even a CFL that shines on a plant for a few minutes once or twice during the night cycle can keep it from flowering. I used to keep a mother in a 30-gallon aluminum trash can and kept the light dim but close to the plant (so it wouldn't stretch) and instead of growing 18/6 or 24/0 - as I was more trying to keep it alive than to grow a tree - I just set the timer to run for several hours, give a few hours break, run for several more, etc.

Of course if a plant is prone to going hermie, that might do it. But in that case, lots of things would.

i screwed up guys i posted these pics from my comp and didnt load them to the site first i dont see a place to edit in the pic post (any help) haha --- thats what i get for not reading first

i did read that abit ago i seen the linc on Tortured Souls post and uploaded the same pics to the site but i cant fig out how to delete the ones i have posted already here to put them up the right way---- ill just wait till a mod sees and deletes them and replace them with the right ones

i did read that abit ago i seen the linc on Tortured Souls post and uploaded the same pics to the site but i cant fig out how to delete the ones i have posted already here to put them up the right way---- ill just wait till a mod sees and deletes them and replace them with the right ones

I'll get em Bro, no problem ;)

thank you Soniq420 i should have know better then to post befor reading haha one of those days to many pain killers haha thanks again -- sands

:rollit:can you run your lights 24 for full veg?
i read that it was just wasting 6 hours of sunlightand to put it at 18/6 a week before flowering.
i dont what to believe.

nice sunny day outside 74 degrees 12 hours of free light. what a nice day.:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom