Stomata function and clones

sully508

when taking a clipping does the stomata continue to open and close. i was wondering if it still did even after a cutting is waiting to root.
i know blue light makes them open. along / w heat, light. red light and darkness does the opposite to the stomata, it makes them close. that's why its best to give co2 during warm/hot temps and during the light cycle. anyway just curious if that's possible w/ a clone. is that why it is recommended to have blue during the veg cycle. and for clones and seedling? also spraying clones w/ kelp water on the back of the leaves. always folair the back of the leaves.:peace:
just wondering how and when clones absorb water, nutrients etc.

Re: stomata function and clones.

Stomata function works during day light hours/lights on mainly with most species of plants having stomata closed during the night/dark.

Stomata are formed from the early stages of plant development/new growth... so yes a cutting/clone will have stomata & will develope more as new growth commence's.

Does appear to be some stomata change due to enviromental conditions the plant is grown in, as in stomata development may hinder growth or prove stressfull if moving a plant from one enviroment to another which may lead to plant shock symptoms...

I'm not aware of certain light spectrums effecting stomata function tho but sounds like total myth/hearsay to me (uneducated rubbish) :thumb:

Clones/cuttings absorb water throught the fresh cut of the stem via the skin which surrounds the stem via osmosis... infact all the moisure/water to upper growth is provided by the skin/bark of the plant !

I'll have to check my notes on light spectrum tho as why certain spectrums are best for different growth phase's !

But the original question was, does it still happen during the rooting stage.

Meaning, when the clone is on day 1 or 2 and the roots have not grown out yet, does Stomata function still happen while root growth in a freshly cut clone still happen.

I am interested in finding this out myself!

+Reps sully508 for a great question!

:Namaste:

For this part of your question, as far as I know, the water is absorbed into the leaves during the clone stage til the roots grow and can uptake water/nutrients on it's own.

This is for using rockwool cubes or coco pellets.

I'm sure it is different for aeroponic cloning as they do not require a dome over them.

just wondering how and when clones absorb water, nutrients etc.

higher potassium levels open
lower potassium level closed
drought closed.
wet open.
I guess optimum levels light, nutes, etc. keep them open. good for co2 enrichment. i think the're closed and open during cloning. when clones look droopy and limp the're closed. but add bluish light, long light cycles, kelp spray 0-0-1, eventually they open. just my guess. i just never gave to much thought. now im thinking to much about it.
basically when your plants look good standing tall, looking healthy the pores on the back of the leaves are wide open.:thumb: thanks

Back
Top Bottom